cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't PublicMobile provide a telephone number so I can talk to their staff?

CellPhoneFreak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why doesn't PublicMobile provide a telephone number so I can talk to their staff?

I used up ALL of my current month's data except 88 MB and I still have 17 days to go until April 24, 2021 when I am given another 1 GB data.

Last night, I purchased a $10 Add-On online which was supposed to add 400 MB of data to my plan.  PublicMobile accepted my $10 plus 12% taxes yet I haven't received the 400 MB Add-On.  What did I do wrong?

If I have no data left, can I still use my cellphone to make calls and receive call?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CellPhoneFreak wrote:

I used up ALL of my current month's data except 88 MB and I still have 17 days to go until April 24, 2021 when I am given another 1 GB data.

Last night, I purchased a $10 Add-On online which was supposed to add 400 MB of data to my plan.  PublicMobile accepted my $10 plus 12% taxes yet I haven't received the 400 MB Add-On.  What did I do wrong?

If I have no data left, can I still use my cellphone to make calls and receive call?

Thank you

@CellPhoneFreak , from what I gather, you are on the $25 plan.

To answer your question in red above:

Yes, you can still make AND receive calls when you are out of data.

You can also send and receive SMS texts when you have no data left either.

@benfatto 

They do not have live support - but they are alive.  (as far as I know🤣)

Perhaps better wording would have been "real-time" support?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@HALIMACS "they do not have live customer service agents/ support"

Bit harsh on the mods, no?  Though does feel that way sometimes.  🤡

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CellPhoneFreak 

Here's what I might do - if you've already spent $10 toward 400 MB of data, ask the Public Mobile moderators (nicely) if they might add that $10 to your available funds and remove the 2 x 200MB add-ons. 

THEN you add another $5 and purchase the 1GB of additional data add on. 

It will remain on your account until it is consumed and can be used as a buffer for future periods when you have consumed your data allotment.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact us, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Anonymous....

I see that ....now. 🤓

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 : OP already has the $25 plan.

@Anonymous wrote:

@HALIMACS : That's old news. The 200MB Canada add-on is $5.

Edit: ah...unless you stack two of them to total 400. But really by that point why not get the $15 one?

...or just upgrade to the $25 plan and get 1GB of data and Unlimited Calling / Texting as your regular plan.

@Anonymous 

Yeah, yeah, yeah... truth be told when I was copying and pasting that price point for the 200 MB I was scratching my head

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Welcome to Public Mobile. 🙂

@Anonymous 

So the OP math is correct.

&

PM's Data Add-Ons get help article is wrong.

🤔

EDIT:  sometimes talking though things gets everyone to a better place - 🤭

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : That's old news. The 200MB Canada add-on is $5.

Edit: ah...unless you stack two of them to total 400. But really by that point why not get the $15 one?

@Anonymous 

There's this:

200 MB Data   $10

(EDIT:  the aforementioned information is incorrect- it was copied and pasted from a PM  article - needs updating to $5)

Perhaps OP just not representing it correctly?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is a third tier provider and only offers support online.  Purchasing add-ons is a two step process.  You need to add the add-on and then purchase it.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

You can still make calls once you run out of data as long as you don't have limited minutes and depleted them.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@CellPhoneFreak wrote:

Thank you

Log in to your account....do you see the Data add-on in My Data and Add-ons. If not, do you see the extra $$ sitting in Available Funds. If so, now go back and Buy the add-on you want. Should work right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellPhoneFreak :

1. $10 data is only 250MB roaming

2. There is no 400MB data

So there seems to be some misunderstanding.

Three options otherwise:

1. add another $5 and buy the $15/1GB Canada add-on

2. change your plan immediately - this forfeits remaining value in your current term

3. ask the moderators to renew your plan early - this also forfeits remaining value in your current term

Edit: yes, when you're out of a limited feature of your plan, you can still use the other features.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CellPhoneFreak 

Public Mobile is based on a completely online platform so they do not have live customer service agents/ support. 

The process for applying add-ons is to first add the funds necessary to purchase the add-on, then physically select the add-on to add onto the account.

Sometimes a phone reboot is necessary afterwards.

To see if the selected add-on is applied, look on your my data and add-on section on your self serve. 

HALIMACS_0-1617809598474.png

Need Help? Let's chat.