cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does public mobile fix their mistake?

Derekw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have repeatedly requested assistance to my service being suspended early on 2 seperate occasions.

One a few days early and the next time 2 days after I renewed.

I have contacted the "moderators" more than 5 times via private message. I have posted via this channel more than once also.

I have a sick kid and money is tight so I can not renew another month until next friday and even if I did I am worried I will get cheated again. I understand mistakes happen but I have been trying to get the mistake made by this company corrected for over a week now and I have missed two shifts of work because my employer can't contact me in a timely manner, which is a requirement for my job. 

I have receieved a generic respobse asking me to reply when i have verified my identity. The link was incorrect but I managed to correct that error and verify. I responded as they demanded but no help at all since. One maybe 2 days I can understand but over a week??? 

Thus is ridiculous at this point and makes the lower price of the service completely not worth it in my situation. I am in trouble and nobody will help! Shame on public mobile and there resolution teams.

19 REPLIES 19

@Derekw Completely understand your frustration. PM can be painfully slow responding to problems when multiple issues occur and max out the moderators. Not suggesting that is right, just the way PM operates.

If you dedcide to stick it out for the great prices and support from the Community this post may give you some ideas to ensure you can servive any disruptions. 100% SERVICE

Even though I have never needed it in 4 years, fongo on wifi is my backup service for these situations.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Im sorry to hear I thought a moderator would assist you as they do with other's.

I hope things turn out well!

Derekw

Still no response from this company

Derekw

to add to my frustration i borrowed 20 dollars last night borrowed 20 dollars and added an inexpensive plan so i would not miss another shift and to my dismay when i dialed a local number the call refused to complete saying i dud not have a long distance plan. I confirmed my address was correct and it was. I am one dollar short for a long distance add on and the minimum purchase for a payment voucher is another 20 dollars.

So now I have been suspended 3 days early, lost 5 gigs of data, paid for another month and only got 2 days of service paid for ANOTHER plan and can not make calls. As I mentioned previously my child is sick and I can not call her doctor. I can not call my boss and have missed 2 days of work. I have sent 4 private messages to moderators and received a generic response asking me to confirm my identity. the link they provided me did not work but I managed to correct it and confirm my identity and I have not had a response. 

Moderators you should be able to call me now at the number associated with my email. Can somebody in this company please contact me today so that I may discuss how to correct the compounding mistakes that PM is making. The affect of my life is negative and significant. I have attempted to reach out via multiple channels. Nobody is responding. My next email will be to the Better Business Bureau and to TELUS HEAD OFFICE. I don't know what else to do.

Derekw

Well my take on it is definitely that it isn't cheaper in the long run. but if a person need to forego some speedy service for a lower rate, such as I do, does that mean that this company can not handle this for more than a week? that seems a bit over the top. 

Patrick_R

Thanks!!!

Recieving that message when I use autopay was not impresive as a new customer and made me think I made a mistake leaving my old provider if this is how PM operates.

Derekw

I see buy none if this is how mine played out. In my case I had a working plan and had funds in the account. They just cut me off...twice. I rarely even log in unless I need to buy extra data or change my plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_R wrote:

I never said it was normal I asked if it was standard. Cause when I got a suspended message when my account was to renew on autopay. My first thought was if this how PM operates no need to stay.

You're right. I mis-read your first post. No what you experienced is NOT normal. My apologies.

Derekw

oh I see. I ambit sure what is standard other than from time to time I work in a spot where I can't get to a spot to add funds to renew my subscription and I get informed via a text the day before and thenif I haven't had a chance to get funds in it gives me that a recording when I try to dial any number.

I wish I was in a better position to seek a provider that will respond to me but sadly with my kid being in and out of the hospital I can't always get to work and money is tight. But this now has coat me two days of work so the discounts aren't really cheaper. I could have had 6 months service with each day I missed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Derekw wrote:

I annotated sure I understand what you mean z10user4.

do you mean that it is common to just get suspended after paying? 

I understand things happen but nobody is fixing the issue. Isthat what you mean is normal?

No. Patrick_R wrote what was normal.

This is what is normal:

At 8pm ET it'll say Plan Expired in red.

At 00:00 ET it'll say suspended and take the community reward out and reset it and take out and re-apply the autopay reward. It will also inexplicably change the expiry date to this new day later.

Around 1:45am ET it'll convert those taken rewards into the Current Balance. The autopay recording in 611 says that at 2am ET it'll renew. But I'm out west and that's only 11pm and I don't see it happening. I haven't stayed up all night refreshing to see when the magic happens.

The system will take from Available Funds and if not enough there it'll go to autopay for the rest and if that doesn't succeed then it will stay suspended and turn off the service. Until then your service should stay working. Don't worry about all the dire warnings until your service stops working.

Then finally around noon ET if all is good you'll get a text saying all is good.

Patrick_R

I never said it was normal I asked if it was standard. Cause when I got a suspended message when my account was to renew on autopay. My first thought was if this how PM operates no need to stay.

Derekw

I annotated sure I understand what you mean z10user4.

do you mean that it is common to just get suspended after paying? 

I understand things happen but nobody is fixing the issue. Isthat what you mean is normal?

Derekw

@Anonymous wrote:

@Patrick_R wrote:

Just curious is this when they suspend your account just before the next 30 day renewal ? As a new customer just before my 30 day renewal the online account  stated suspended then was ok and renewed the next few days since Im on autopay.

Not sure if these messages are standard since I am a new client.

This last week is definitely NOT standard. And it looks like there are still residual repercussions going on.

What you are saying is normal. This week not.

Derekw

I have Bern with these guys for months. I realized that they had suspended me because I got a recorded message wheni tried to dial a phone number saying so. The first time was 3 days before my month expired. Then I paid for another month and it worked for 2 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Patrick_R wrote:

Just curious is this when they suspend your account just before the next 30 day renewal ? As a new customer just before my 30 day renewal the online account  stated suspended then was ok and renewed the next few days since Im on autopay.

This last week is definitely NOT standard. And it looks like there are still residual repercussions going on.

What you are saying is normal. This week not.

Patrick_R

Derekw

apologies if I wasn't clear but the first time I was suspended 3 days early. Then I renewed the package by changing my plan selecting the option to start immediately assuming I was wrong on my date. 

Then 2 days later ssuspended again. 

So to summarize:

I was shorted 3 days and 5 gigs of data the first time and I only got 2 days of service on the new month that I paid for.

So the amount I am shorted is rising by the day but as of today it is over 7 days and 5 gigs.

@mimmo wrote:

@Derekw  it might be worth stating what type of compenstion you are looking for in your message.  I believe according to the terms of service,  PM is not required  to provide anything, but you can try asking.

For how long were you without service?  sounds like aprox 5 days in total, assumung 2.5 days each instance.  

It has also been suggested, in other threads,  that if a phone service is critical that maybe PM's service model is not the best option.

Mimmo as for PM not being required to provide anything am I to understand that it is ok for this company to suspend my service after I pay and there is no expectation to correct their mistakes?

I am only wanting the service that they accepted the fee for. They advertise a service for a price, I pay then there is a contract. I am not sure what I am missing.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Derekw  it might be worth stating what type of compenstion you are looking for in your message.  I believe according to the terms of service,  PM is not required  to provide anything, but you can try asking.

For how long were you without service?  sounds like aprox 5 days in total, assumung 2.5 days each instance.  

It has also been suggested, in other threads,  that if a phone service is critical that maybe PM's service model is not the best option.

Derekw

I have repeatedly requested assistance to my service being suspended early on 2 seperate occasions.

One a few days early and the next time 2 days after I renewed.

I have contacted the "moderators" more than 5 times via private message. I have posted via this channel more than once also.

I have a sick kid and money is tight so I can not renew another month until next friday and even if I did I am worried I will get cheated again. I understand mistakes happen but I have been trying to get the mistake made by this company corrected for over a week now and I have missed two shifts of work because my employer can't contact me in a timely manner, which is a requirement for my job. 

I have receieved a generic respobse asking me to reply when i have verified my identity. The link was incorrect but I managed to correct that error and verify. I responded as they demanded but no help at all since. One maybe 2 days I can understand but over a week??? 

Thus is ridiculous at this point and makes the lower price of the service completely not worth it in my situation. I am in trouble and nobody will help! Shame on public mobile and there resolution teams.

(threads merged by computergeek541)

Need Help? Let's chat.