cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does data and log in passwords never work?

1111jr1111
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This seems to be an ongoing problem with public mobile. My log in password never works, even after resetting. Same with data. Always an issue. Anyone else experience this on the regular? What is Public Mobile doing SPECIFICALLY to resolve this? MODS: Don't waste my time with "were working on it" replies.

10 REPLIES 10

@1111jr1111 wrote:

New accnt. Absolutely switching business phone to something else. PM sucks, always issues.

@1111jr1111 yes I agree with you.  There are a number of better deals for your business phone.  Try Koodo and Telus, all in the same family, but better.  Best wishes!

@1111jr1111 

Your login issues might be browser-related.

Clear cache/cookies, or use secret/incognito mode, or use a different browser, or use a different machine.

Try turning off any overly-aggressive adblockers, scriptblockers, ghostery, etc.

Your login issues might be webserver-related.

Give the server a few minutes to "catch up" whenever you change information fields, passwords, etc. Forcing it to immediately refresh and respond can cause page errors. Forcing it to accept more changes to data before the backend has processed previous submissions can cause all sorts of faults.

Your login issues might be network-related.

This usually isn't an issue on networks you control (at home, etc). But if you're connecting through WiFi at work or school or a public hotspot then the network owner could allow or deny all sorts of "privileges" and "permissions" which interfere with websites.

1111jr1111

New accnt. Absolutely switching business phone to something else. PM sucks, always issues.

@1111jr1111 wrote:

Yes, all the usual's. Not my first rodeo with these guys, hard to run a business this way. 

I am a true believer in PM, but have always said I would not run my business through them or any 3rd tier.  Sounds like this has been ongoing for quite a while but you just joined the community or is this just a new community account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1111jr1111 wrote:

Yes, all the usual's. Not my first rodeo with these guys, hard to run a business this way. 

Aside from logging in...what's with data? Can you be a little more informative about what happens after a renewal? Which plan are you on? What make/model/submodel phone? How long has this been going on?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@1111jr1111 wrote:

This seems to be an ongoing problem with public mobile. My log in password never works, even after resetting. Same with data. Always an issue. Anyone else experience this on the regular? What is Public Mobile doing SPECIFICALLY to resolve this? MODS: Don't waste my time with "were working on it" replies.

Moderator is the middle person between your problem and the back office support team.  You need to remind the moderator to check on their back office support team.

I manages 8 accounts for my family members.  Data and login password work since day one. 

Something went wrong at the time of activation.  Ask moderator to create a new account and move your account info to the new account and delete the old account. You need to tell the moderator that they had wasted enough of your time.

1111jr1111

@1111jr1111 wrote:

Nope and log in NEVER works, always have to contact a MOD, ridiculous. 

How long has this been going on?  You have cleared all cookies, tried other browsers?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

1111jr1111

Nope and log in NEVER works, always have to contact a MOD, ridiculous. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@1111jr1111 wrote:

Sorry to hear you are having issues, I have been with PM and none of those issues and haven't had that happen on any of the accounts I manage for other people or my referrals.  So your data isn't working either?

Need Help? Let's chat.