cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Logging on to PM take so long?

J-L
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Does anyone else experience issues with logging on to PM? Whenever I try to log on to check my account ( how much data I have left etc) it takes forever to get logged in. This time it took 2 minutes before the page opened. And does this waiting time use up data?

8 REPLIES 8

J-L

@gblackma thank you! 😊 I had not thought of that lol. I've only gone to 611 once to make a manual payment. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@J-L sometimes it's just really slow.

• if you're using Chrome on mobile you can enable lite mode to help the website load pages faster and it also saves on your data
  • no, it doesn't matter how fast or slow the webpage loads. it still uses the same amount of data. 

@J-L try using 611 from your phone.  It lumps both your plan and add-on data together. But it gave me an answer. Stay safe.

J-L

@Triguy  that's the problem, the only internet access I have is the data on my phone. Yes there are still places in Canada where there is not reliable/reasonably priced internet. When I go into town I do try to access wifi there whenever possible. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @J-L ,

Yes, i experience delays in logging into my SELF SERVE account.

The Community Log in is quick for me though.

Good things come to those who wait....?

Maybe this will be a future PM improvement?

Welcome! 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@J-L 

It's not consistent, there are times when you just zoom in, bit more often especially during the day it's much slower, sometimes even times out. If it's not too urgent just fine back and try after a coffee

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@J-L wrote:

Does anyone else experience issues with logging on to PM? Whenever I try to log on to check my account ( how much data I have left etc) it takes forever to get logged in. This time it took 2 minutes before the page opened. And does this waiting time use up data?

@J-L yes logging in can be a pain at certain times as for using data if you are on your phone data when logging in it could use a small amount

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Generally there is a delay logging in the self serve website.  I would recommend checking your account on wifi so you don't use any data.

Need Help? Let's chat.