cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Why did you come to Public Mobile?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to start a discussion on why choose Public Mobile. When was the first time you heard of it, and how long did it take for you to move over?

I wanted to share my own story.

So two weeks ago ,my sisters and I were in house party (an awesome facetime like app). So I started to complain about how ridiculous cell bills are in Canada! Cheapest for Bell is $75.00  

And Rogers is not much different - Rogers Plans. My Bill from BELL for two phones is 280.00 a month. I have talked to Bell multiple times and they said that is the best they can do. Even escalating to a manager. 

All that to be said, she tells me shes with Public, has close to the same plan as me and pays 30.00 a month because she has an 8.00 a month promotion and has signed up for Autopay. 

To which I was like What!? my answer, "well ,that must be a B.C. thing."

So that night ,I looked it up, found the website. Ordered a $5.00 SIM card "to test it" this was last week LOL, actually wish I had ordered the three I needed, but ordered 1 for 5.00 and two more a few days later for 10.00 ea, (side note: if you know how I can get a credit for ttheextra 10.00 other then a referral, let me know) So, I unlocked my phone from Bell, looked at all the reviews. Could not see why I wouldn't switch. Ported my number over immediately ,and now I am saving almost 100.00 a month. I'll be changing my wife's phone soon as well. She has a balance on her account for her phone ,but that would be paid in three months with the savings we are getting from Public Mobile. 

All from a small conversation lead to a big win. Side note, we have 9ninechildren 1onedue at the end of the month, so any savings is huge for me. I can't imagine why I had never heard of Public mobile before.

Now that I am part of Public, I have ads for Public on all my social media...the goodness of google analytics LOL

So that's my story took around 2 hours for me to choose, run the numbers and figure out what plan was best for me. All from a short convo. The moral of the story pays to complain to your siblings. LOL

Accepted Solutions
Oracle

Re: Why did you come to Public Mobile?

@Naepalm , for me I found out about PM from a "tech" friend during the fall promo.  Like what I saw on the page and in the community so I bought the sim and switched my wife and me over from Rogers and got way more data each than we were sharing and it was way cheaper!!.  Switched over a stepdaughter as well but she and my wife got on one of the sweet Koodo migration offers and wanted a new phone so they took the offer.  I stayed as my rewards and referrals keep my bill minimum and no cell company can touch the savings I get here.  I have since got an account for my son (13) and worked on getting referrals for him and have his bill paid for at least the next year from the $25 referral credits that were offered and will be looking to add my daughter this summer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

View solution in original post

All Replies
Mayor / Maire

Well unless you do it a lot and they zone you out 😉 @Naepalm . Thanks for the feel good story. 👍Welcome to PM. Stay safe. And no more house parties. 😁

Oracle

@Naepalm , for me I found out about PM from a "tech" friend during the fall promo.  Like what I saw on the page and in the community so I bought the sim and switched my wife and me over from Rogers and got way more data each than we were sharing and it was way cheaper!!.  Switched over a stepdaughter as well but she and my wife got on one of the sweet Koodo migration offers and wanted a new phone so they took the offer.  I stayed as my rewards and referrals keep my bill minimum and no cell company can touch the savings I get here.  I have since got an account for my son (13) and worked on getting referrals for him and have his bill paid for at least the next year from the $25 referral credits that were offered and will be looking to add my daughter this summer.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

View solution in original post

Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm Hi just like you I found out about it at a real house party last year ahh those were the days LOL

Mayor / Maire

So great to hear others journeys! Thanks for sharing!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, done i just joined a week ago myself,  and i feel the the same, welcome to public mobile, nice story.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have wifi at home and at work, I use my phone for texting mostly and make maybe 3 or 4 calls per week. Bell kept increasing my loyalty plan and I was paying $68 for mostly unused service. My plan with PM is now $38 per month and offers way more than I need. I may even lower it to the next tier down. Our mobile prices in Canada are way too high. 

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

@Yukon1 wrote:

I have wifi at home and at work, I use my phone for texting mostly and make maybe 3 or 4 calls per week. Bell kept increasing my loyalty plan and I was paying $68 for mostly unused service. My plan with PM is now $38 per month and offers way more than I need. I may even lower it to the next tier down. Our mobile prices in Canada are way too high. 

@Yukon1...have a peek at the $15 plan...looks like just the plan designed for you. If you use a valid credit card and autopay...that's down to $13 / 30 days.

You might also get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on to augment the $15 plan. Any unused add-on minutes just roll over until used...even if it takes several months or longer.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I may very do that. At the moment, I'm testing out the higher plan for piece of mind. I just returned to Canada and want to see how much data I actually use before committing to lower it. The 5GB seems like a nice buffer for just the moment until I can get a handle on Canadian cell use again. I imagine the unlimited minutes will come in useful for the working from home for the next few months too!

Oracle

I found out about PM during the 2018 summer PM --> Koodo migration offer.  I decided to get a PM/Koodo migrate lottery ticket.  As people are saying "You cannot win if you don't have a ticket."  

After activated a PM $40/4.5GB plan, I checked my PM number on Koodo site.  I was qualified to move to Koodo.  With the full PM payment for the first month few hours ago + rewards + promo bill credit, I decided to wait as I will be kissing $100 good bye + spending another $50 - $60 for a new Koodo plan. 

One week later, my number was not qualified for the lottery as PM changed the target to move the subscribers with the $120/12GB 90 days plan + the old $40 plan.  Although I have a $40 plan, it was not the correct $40 plan being targeted.

I am happy with my decision to wait.  Lot of PM/Koodo migrants are back to PM now..

Need Help? Let's chat.