cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't PM report its backlog status?

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I think PM should report its backlog status at a daily basis. People are waiting weeks without services. they deserve a status report. Even you don't have an ETA, at least we know you are working hard and making progresses.

It's been a week after the promotion is over. are we getting any better? nobody knows. See the complains in the forum, you can tell yourself. With due respect, customer should not be ignored. We could be a little more patient waiting in the line if we know the line is moving.
22 REPLIES 22

SCoker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ok - thanks for that

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Only 1 or 2 mods work the community everyday. They don't need to be logged in to read PMs. Some are working facebook, twitter, some email and some in the community.

SCoker

The only real feedback I am seeing is the abilty to track how long a particular Mod has been offline. Sorry but on a regular business day, like today, in these circumstances, all hand on deck.

mech9t5
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

maybe public should implement something simple like at the meat counter at a grocery store.

grab a ticket, display a "now serving" number

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is too late to do anything new for the current situation as they are already overwhelmed. But definietly room for improvement in the future.

I agree that some people can take it as being ameture but I thought it just shows transparency and your number in the queque.  May be if people know their number in the queue they would not send multiple request causing an inflated blacklog.

@Mana again though they do not want to appear amateur

So I doubt they let exact number out or it could make news

Oh and plus, remember MANY upset clients have sent multiple requests

So the number is inflated to probably triple what it actually is

That's why I suggested a more generic response

Something like no service = eta 48hr

Port issue = eta 72 hr

Bill issue = eta 2 weeks

Non urgent issue = eta 3 weeks

@kav2001c, maybe they don't have to share number of issues but perhaps they can tell you your number in the inquiry queue, just like when you call a telus for customer service, they would tell you your number/status in the queue and the approximate time for wait.  The same approach can be implement on the auto-response.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Never has; we should assume they never will. Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RLBL

@sportymi wrote:

I can understand backlog, but at least give some kind of a response that you have got the message and how long should people expect to wait... 

Yes, that would be nice (a confirmation of message received). Wait time expectation can be dicey if the expectations are not managed properly.

Rockdaddy22
I definitely agree, unfortunately the system doesn't work like that at the moment.

sportymi

I can understand backlog, but at least give some kind of a response that you have got the message and how long should people expect to wait... 

@Mana I am doubtful Public would want to make those kind of stats public 

It's one thing to say backlog, it is entirely different to say we have 1000 pending cases

RLBL

Not a bad idea. However, it also gives people another thing to gripe about.  

• why is my status not moving;
  • why are people below me getting their resolution faster

etc...

If the report is nothing more than numbers, it does not really provide anything useful for individuals as the numbers always change in both directions (issues fixed while new ones are coming in).  If the report has user names tagged to it, the above could be complained about (sometimes unwarranted)

Do other providers give you this information? Not sure, as other providers use a different mechanism which has no transparency(?).   Just because we can see issues that (some) others have doesn't mean that we should automatically have complete transparency either. Look at direct forums like https://www.dslreports.com/ (people can post directly to the teksavvy CEO as an example, but there is no user status of solved issues) .

People would like to know that issues are being worked on, agreed (inflow vs. outflow); I am not sure why people think they are not being worked on.

just a thought...

@ryanwoo wrote:
I think PM should report its backlog status at a daily basis. People are waiting weeks without services. they deserve a status report. Even you don't have an ETA, at least we know you are working hard and making progresses.

It's been a week after the promotion is over. are we getting any better? nobody knows. See the complains in the forum, you can tell yourself. With due respect, customer should not be ignored. We could be a little more patient waiting in the line if we know the line is moving.

Since everything is online with PM perhaps it would be a good idea to implement a dashboard that can may have the follwoing categories:

-  Numbers of overall issues/requests

-  Numbers of issues/requests in each category (such as activation, porting, no service, etc)

-  Expected time of response for each of the category

In addition, to the above, based on the request, perhaps an auto confirmation with an estimated time of resolution sent to the person who made the request would give them some assurance that their request is being looked at.

I am pretty sure all of the above is doable online.  This is also make the process more transparent.

I hope someone from PM looks into this suggesstion and provide some feedback.

Thank you.

I agree whole-heartedly, PM should make status reports so PPL know the current status

Rockdaddy22
Check the announcements

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that a general announcement, whether it be via email, or an official announcement here on the forums, would be nice. As of now, we have nothing official from PM, as far as I know. I personally have been without calling for 5 days, and I know others don't have no service at all.

Rockdaddy22
I agree
I feel they are definitely making progress.

mimmo

it would not be hard to make a community announcement stating we are working on messages and requests from enter date.

it would give a rough idea, and if your message is from before that date you know it was "missed" and you send a new message instead of people sending  messages to three mods on each successive day.

smashthosepies

Just throwing out ideas but perhaps keeping the backlog status updated would be time better spent resolving issues?

Just a thought

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

An official update would be appreciated but it appears volume is decreasing substantially based solely on number of post in community

Need Help? Let's chat.