cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can not call out while I did not use my minutes?

Darougar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 100 minutes plan, I used only call forwarding service last month and now, I get a message that I can not call out due to my plan.

I really appreciate it if somebody can help me to figure it out why it happened?

29 REPLIES 29

@J_PM  @CS_Agent   

can anyone advise if the information on this page is still valid?  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

look like call forwarding does not count toward use minutes anymore.

also, can you add a line to confirm if 1-800 numbers count as use minutes or not?

@Darougar So calling 611 (or *611) works? All we need to know is if you get the "Hello. Welcome to Public Mobile..." message.

If so, your plan is still active and it's possible you've only used up your 100 minutes.

Can you also now log into selfserve.publicmobile.ca and see what it shows on the overview page? If you dont see a line indicating x/100 minutes, then you've used them up. If so, best option is purchasing a $5 addon for 500 extra canada-wide minutes that will only be used when the base plan 100 are used up. Remaining minutes will carry-over forever until all 500 are used up.

Darougar

I called *611and It did not help. Public M was not clear from the beginning how the count down minutes.

We're still waiting with baited breath to hear from @Darougar what happens if they call 611...

@darlicious wrote:

@Dunkman 

Is this the second time I have seen this chart in as many days.....the other a more recent postings? Just in case its a deja vu this chart needs to be dropped from the rotation due to its confusing and inaccurate info.

That chart comes from this official help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/sk/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

Unfortunately, it lists call forwarding under as "uses minutes" which was true with old limited-minutes calling plans, but is no longer the case with the current $15 plan.

I just submitted a feedback about this from that page myself... Maybe if a few others do as well it might help bring some attention to updating it. 😁

@darlicious wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@Darougar 

Here is some more information on limited talk plans:

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes

Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a call

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Answering a call (not with $15 plan)

Making or receiving calls from 911

Retrieving voicemail messages

Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

Using call forwarding

You can purchase the Canada wide talk add on.  500 minutes for $5 with unused minutes rolling over to next month.  An useful add on for the $15 plan.  

@Dunkman 

Is this the second time I have seen this chart in as many days.....the other a more recent postings? Just in case its a deja vu this chart needs to be dropped from the rotation due to its confusing and inaccurate info.

@darlicious 

I actually got the table from Public mobile directly.

See attached link:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

I just added the section about answering calls using minutes. With the old $10 plan and older $15 plan, answering calls will use up minutes. 

I will let Public mobile know about the "inaccurate" information.  

@Dunkman wrote:

@Darougar 

Talk

Talk minutes are counted whenever you make or receive calls on your phone. Talk time is calculated from the start of a call to when it is disconnected, and includes ring time and call routing. Total call time is always rounded up to the nearest minute. Please note that calls to voicemail and forwarding calls will use plan minutes.

Use Minutes

Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a call

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Using call forwarding

You can purchase the Canada wide talk add on.  500 minutes for $5 with unused minutes rolling over to next month.  An useful add on for the $15 plan.  

@Dunkman 

@Darougar 

What message are you getting when you try to call out?

Darougar

Call 611 it does not help.

Still, I do not know why my minutes was killed!

@softech wrote:

while this is a nice "glitch" , it certainly confused everyone..

not sure if they "fixed" the loophole and start counting now,  hope OP can shine some light here.

I am on the current $15 plan, and can confirm that as of testing right now both calls to toll-free numbers, as well as calls unconditionally forwarded still do not consume minutes.

Iceman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You must have an active plan to be able to use your add-ons.

@Anonymous wrote:

@softech wrote:

PM article still saying using Call Forwarding consume minutes...

@softech : That's the official stance. But we have found that it's not true in reality. It's why I asked the OP if this had maybe changed. But then of course these things are subject to change at any time without notice.

while this is a nice "glitch" , it certainly confused everyone..

not sure if they "fixed" the loophole and start counting now,  hope OP can shine some light here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@softech : That's the official stance. But we have found that it's not true in reality. It's why I asked the OP if this had maybe changed. But then of course these things are subject to change at any time without notice.

@Nezgar wrote:

All current plans including the $15 plan do call forwarding without consuming minutes. I have confirmed this myself.

@Nezgar 

Limited Talk & Text Plans (publicmobile.ca)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darougar : Maybe you're confusing between the usage details and the overview page counters. All activity will be logged in usage details. Only countable activity will show in the overview page counters.

Have you tried using any of the call forwarding options to see if the overview page counter increments? It will while on the call and then unofficially go back to what it was before the call.

@DarougarPM does tell customers via the help article linked by @Triguy. However, that information is outdated, as it only applies to old plans that are no longer offered (for example $10 50 minute plan, old $15 plan without unlimited incoming minutes).

All current plans including the $15 plan do call forwarding without consuming minutes. I have confirmed this myself.

Another "undocumented" perk is that calls to toll-free numbers (800, 888, etc) also do not consume airtime minutes on limited-minute plans.

Check if your airplane mode is not on by mistake, one never knows! 😛

@Darougar According to this help article, call forwarding and checking voicemail uses plan minutes.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

Darougar

Why public mobile does not tell customers that call forwarding it considered as a usages?

@Darougar wrote:

How can I cancel all futures on my line such as call forwarding and elc...

Dial ##21# to disable unconditional call forwarding

Dial ##004# to reset conditional call forwarding back to default public mobile voicemail.

Darougar

How can I cancel all futures on my line such as call forwarding and elc...

@softech wrote:

all forwarding will count towards your outgoing minutes.  Also, checking voicemail from your PM phone counts too.

The no-longer existent 50 minute $10 plan consumed minutes for unconditional call forwarding. Maybe the old version of the $15 plan that didn't include incoming calls consumed minutes for forwarding as well, but the current $15 plan definitely doesn't consume minutes for call forwarding.

@Darougarcan you confirm what plan self-serve shows in the "Show plan details" link, and if it looks like this. If it doesn't say "Unlimited Incoming Minutes" then you have the old $15 plan, and you should consider changing your plan to the current $15 plan. If you are on the old $10 plan, then note that unconditional forwarding uses your minutes. You can "hack" this by reprogramming your "conditional" forwards to go somewhere other than voicemail to not use minutes, but I'll wait to hear your findings on this before exploring that route.

My Plan

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text
$15 per 30 Days

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Darougar : Unofficially, it has been found that the $15 plan doesn't consume minutes using call forwarding. Maybe this has changed. Do you see the minutes line under My Data & Add-ons on your overview page? What is the exact wording that the recording is saying? Are you adding a 1 in front for your dialing? Is your plan active? Has it become suspended?

@Darougar 

Talk

Use Minutes

Doesn't Use Minutes

Making a call

Calling *611 (the IVR)

Using call forwarding

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Darougar   call forwarding will count towards your outgoing minutes.  Also, checking voicemail from your PM phone counts too.

You can also confirm the usage by going to My Account->Plan and Add-Ons->Usage History and look for all the Outgoing calls entry

Can you receive calls? Can you send/receive SMS?

@Darougar 

What message do you get? Can you call 611? Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Darougar

why I can not call out while I did not use my 100 minutes

Darougar

Hi

why I can not call out while I did not use my 100 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.