cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who provides network coverage for Public Mobile?

Amslak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I'm wondering which company provides data and cell services to Public Mobile.

I've head of cell providers using other company's networks and cell towers. Does anyone know who's Public Mobile uses?

Thanks 🙂

16 REPLIES 16

@Nezgar 

I keep forgetting about Sasktel!

@Anonymous wrote:

Public Mobile uses the Telus Mobility LTE network

+ HSPA

And SaskTel's network in Saskatchewan (as does Telus, Koodo, Bell, Virgin, Lucky)

@Anonymous 

It's the fine art of adding only the correct info  but all of the info to answer the question.  But not more info than necessary or needed. So @wetcoaster  is on the money....

I often ramble on telling a story.....some appreciate it and others ignore it completely....wall of text notwithstanding.!😁

Self editing....you'll get there eventually. There is already a marked improvement.....don't get discouraged we all learn as we go !!

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amslak 

Network. Public Mobile uses the Telus Mobility LTE network.
Parent: Telus

visit  Here  for more info.

Public Mobile also uses the Telus HSPA network.

@computergeek541 

yeah but i put it a link has all info about public mobile.

@Anonymous yeah but you only bothered to mention the LTE network.  So if anyone didn't click though your "Here" link and bother to read the Wikipedia article, they might remain misinformed.  

@srlawren 

so for next time when i do posting i have to put it  "Here" link... that you mean to them know about ,, may i right , or what i will do so sorry i didn't getting you !

Or you could just go and add complete information to your post with 9 more characters  ("and HSPA")?

The link might be helpful, but a lot of people asking questions like this are just looking for a short, accurate and complete answer "directly from the provider" - otherwise they might have asked Google / Wikipedia themselves...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amslak 

@computergeek541 

@Anonymous yeah but you only bothered to mention the LTE network.  So if anyone didn't click though your "Here" link and bother to read the Wikipedia article, they might remain misinformed.  

@srlawren 

so for next time when i do posting i have to put it  "Here" link... that you mean to them know about ,, may i right , or what i will do so sorry i didn't getting you !

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amslak 

@computergeek541 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amslak 

@computergeek541 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Amslak 

@Amslak 

Public Mobile is owned by Telus a such it uses the Telus network. The nicknamed "Bellus" network comes from the sharing agreement between Bell and Telus to provide the most comprehensive cellular network nationwide where Bell towers dominate in the east and Telus towers in the West. This way you will connect to either providers network depending on the strength of the signal.

Whether you are with Telus , Koodo or PM you get the same access to the network. The primary difference between PM and the other two is currently PM does not provide voLTE calling and instead uses the 3G network for voice calling switching from the 4G LTE network whenever you make or recieve a phone call.

However if you force your phone to use 3G only you can use all 3 services in that network ....calling, texting and data. Data in fact will be faster(up to 20+mbps but averaging 12mbps) it will have more latency depending on network traffic. Some users choose this option when the throttled to 3mbps 4G LTE network proves to be too slow for the task at hand.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Amslak 

Public Mobile is owned by Telus and operates as a third-tier provider.  As such, it uses Telus' network, which is essentially Telus' towers with some of Bell's towers mixed in depending on the area (and agreements in place).

Is there a particular reason why you ask?  We may have further details depending on what you're looking for. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Amslak 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Amslak...in the west...PM relys heavily on Telus. In central Canada, Bell / Telus.

@Amslak PM uses both Bell and Telus towers.

Amslak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh, I see

Do they use any of Telus's network or only Bell?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Amslak 

Telus owns PM and they also use Bell towers.

Need Help? Let's chat.