cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who made outgoing calls to 647-580-4001 and I never

guomao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I checked my phone usage history. There were 7 outgoing calls made on July 4, 2019 and 1 outgoing call made on July 5, 2019. They all reached to destination of 647-580-4001, adding up to 60 seconds. I am 100% sure that I did not repeatedly make these funny short calls. My phone number was ported from Bell and started working on July 5, 2019. How could I make these calls on July 4. Could anyone help me figure out what was going on and how to prevent recurring of these outgoing calls to 647-580-4001. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

@geopublic wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@guomao wrote:

I checked my phone usage history. There were 7 outgoing calls made on July 4, 2019 and 1 outgoing call made on July 5, 2019. They all reached to destination of 647-580-4001, adding up to 60 seconds. I am 100% sure that I did not repeatedly make these funny short calls. My phone number was ported from Bell and started working on July 5, 2019. How could I make these calls on July 4. Could anyone help me figure out what was going on and how to prevent recurring of these outgoing calls to 647-580-4001. Thanks

@guomao  Do you have visual voicrmail turned on?

Public Mobile does not offer visual voicemail.

@computergeek541 Who said they do? If your phone has the setting turned on it makes calls to the vm number. Who said anything about PM supporting it?

No worries. I can't read your mind.  Thanks for clarifying.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@guomao wrote:

@computergeek541 Who said they do? If your phone has the setting turned on it makes calls to the vm number. Who said anything about PM supporting it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@guomao 

Your timeline is curious. When did you activate the SIM? When did you port? In those call detail logs, is the originating number your ported number or some temporary number that then has the destination number you gave?

@geopublic wrote:

@guomao wrote:

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@guomao Are you on limited calls plan? If yes, you probably don't want it happen again. You can disable your voicemail function by doing the following steps:

• dial into your voicemail and log in with your PIN. 
  • In the main menu, press 3 (manage greetings),
  • then 4 (manage extended absence greeting),
  • then 2 (record a new extended absence greeeting) and record a message that indicates to your caller you are not accepting messages. 
  • Then press 4 to turn on extended absence
  • Finally, press 5 to disallow anyone to leave you a message.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@guomao wrote:

@guomao wrote:

Outgoing call = voice message number? I never heard the phone ring and never checked voice message because these calls made before my phone number finished transporting.

It's not really an outgoing call.   The entries are from when someone calls you and gets directed to your voice message system. The phone not ringing could be becauae of any number of factors during the porting process.

@RossN wrote:

@guomao hi thats your voicemail number if you are on the 10 dollar plan it counts towards your minutes

I know someone on a $10 plan and tested this out. People getting sent to voicemail does not use up minutes.  But sure, if you call in from the cell phone to check/listen to those messages, that usage does count.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

If you're on one of the limited talk plans...you can also get the 500minutes of Canada wide calling for $5. Any unused 500minutes roll over at renewal date...they never expire until you use them up. Even if it takes 3 months...perdy good deal if you have limited calling. Have a look in the Add-on section for this and other options.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@guomao wrote:

Outgoing call = voice message number? I never heard the phone ring and never checked voice message because these calls made before my phone number finished transporting.

Okay that sounds strange, maybe send a private message to Moderator_Team and ask for an explanation, you can click here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

guomao
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@guomao wrote:

That is PM's voicemail number.  You access that when you retrieve voicemail messages.  If you are on a limited plan be aware that checking voicemail will count against minutes in your plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Check your voicemail for messages.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@guomao hi thats your voicemail number if you are on the 10 dollar plan it counts towards your minutes

Need Help? Let's chat.