cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where to buy used phones...?

Hey,

 

I'm wondering of where I might find some used phones, particularly aging flagships.

 

I know about Kijiji, eBay, Amazon, Staples and Best Buy but I'd like to avoid these if I can.

pcouturier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Where to buy used phones...?

Facebook Marketplace, just make sure to test the phone to make sure it works correctly and in good condition.

 

Also, bestbuy website seems to have good deals on cellphones.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?


@pcouturier wrote:

Facebook Marketplace, just make sure to test the phone to make sure it works correctly and in good condition.

 

Also, bestbuy website seems to have good deals on cellphones.


I see.

 

I don't agree with Best Buy, the website only shows leased smartphones and I have no interest in going into a contract -- kinda why I'm here (on PM).

 

Facebook Marketplace is a no-go as I do not have Facebook. Man LOL

pcouturier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Where to buy used phones...?

Bestbuy does have phones that are not attached to a contract...a friend brought his there.

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?


@pcouturier wrote:

Bestbuy does have phones that are not attached to a contract...a friend brought his there.


Right... I was looking at the wrong section of the site... and the phones you get upfront are. Man Frustrated

will13am
Oracle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?

@Obice, what is your budget, needs/wants?  Unless you are trying to get a used iPhone to save some money, there is no reason a new android cannot be obtained at a reasonable price. 

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?


@will13am wrote:

@Obice, what is your budget, needs/wants?  Unless you are trying to get a used iPhone to save some money, there is no reason a new android cannot be obtained at a reasonable price. 


1080p OLED display (preferably), 5.5 inch or bigger screen, down-firing speaker or stereo speakers

 

I am looking to spend $200 at the most and since that's pretty much "nothing" nowadays... $300 is the utmost.

 

I'd prefer android over iOS and for the price I'm willing to pay android would be more feasible.

Dunkman
Oracle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?

@Obice 

Xiaomi brand of phones are fairly popular witht the budget conscious consumer.  Ali Express has several ones.  

 

This popular RFD thread has one presently, but outside your budget range:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/aliexpress-xiaomi-mi-9t-400-64gb-420-128gb-big-price-drop-2294490/

 

If you are a member, Costco also sells unlocked phones.  Sometimes can get a fairly good deal when Costco is clearing some out.  

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-moto-g6-play-149-99-2309137/

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Where to buy used phones...?

@Obice is there a reason why you want to avoid these places.  I've bought some good phones at very good prices through Best Buy marketplace (not the best buy retailer), brand new under $400 and under $300.  There's also Facebook marketplace as well.  I think it all depends on your budget.  If you're looking for something really inexpensive then you could always go to 7-Eleven.  They have new phones under $200, even under $100.  All the phones they sell are unlocked phones, bought a couple for my parents when they had a sale.  Walmart Mobile also has phone sales at times, considering it's back to school I'm sure they'll have some deals right now, but those deals tend to be attached to contracts.  I know you said you're looking for used, but nowadays you can get brand new phones (which will have a 1 year warranty as well) for not that much more than a used phone (which is a buy as is sale), unless you're looking for some high end used Iphone or something.

will13am
Oracle

Re: Where to buy used phones...?


@Obice wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Obice, what is your budget, needs/wants?  Unless you are trying to get a used iPhone to save some money, there is no reason a new android cannot be obtained at a reasonable price. 


1080p OLED display (preferably), 5.5 inch or bigger screen, down-firing speaker or stereo speakers

 

I am looking to spend $200 at the most and since that's pretty much "nothing" nowadays... $300 is the utmost.

 

I'd prefer android over iOS and for the price I'm willing to pay android would be more feasible.


I can tell you that you are not likely to find the phone that you want for the price you are willing to pay no matter where you search.  OLED screens are more expensive that LCD and this is reflected in the phone price.  Stereo speakers is not a standard feature, it is viewed as a premium feature.  By the time the used market brings phone cost down to $200, the thing is well worn and not worth getting at any price.  You need to recalibrate either the wish list or the pricing. 

Need Help? Let's chat.