cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the moderators? (48 hours after failed non-porting activation)

KirkK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The general sticky which explains who the moderators are, how to contact them, and their hours of availability indicate that they should be available Saturday's and Sunday's from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm EST...  

... but I've not seen a moderator posting since yesterday morning, and only mary_m was even available for part of yesterday.  

So who knows how many of us are still stuck in limbo with failed activations, failed ports, etc. having paid for a service which we can't use.

Has anyone actually had a *failed activation*, where you couldn't even log in to your self-serve account RESOLVED this weekend by the AWOL moderators? (I.e. the only ones with any authority to actually resolve these insane issues)

45 REPLIES 45

I agree with @KirkK

1- Has anyone had errors resolved?

2- What are exact causes of errors? (porting, account creation, payment with credit card / vouchers?)

They should have some announcement to help minimize creating further issues and longer queues

KirkK

@J_Wig:  OMG, Oct 31!

How can this be legal Public Mobile?  @Mary_M

J_Wig
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I have identical symptoms to yours but I so called "activated" my sim on Oct 31, since then I have had zero response from public mobile despite 2 private private messages and tagging moderators except the one automated email after I submitted a support request via email. The email says they will respond within 48 hours...
It isn't acceptable to take peoples money and not give them anything in return, not even an apology or a response to say we see your issues and we are working on it. Yes the moderators are busy, yes it's a low cost carrier but none of that is an excuse to not respond to customers personally.

So far I have had my credit card charged and had zero in return, $128 for nothing is pretty expensive compared to all the other carriers.

KirkK

Which is why I repeat my original question:  has anybody actually had an activation only (not porting) PROBLEM RESOLVED by the moderators this weekend?  Because I have yet to find any evidence of it.  (I'm not referring to the people who've had successful initial activations.)

No need to swing a big stick around. You're definitely welcome to share your experience with the CCTS. Unfortunately, this isn't a fraudulent credit card transaction. Maybe you haven't yet received what you paid for, but PM isn't going to take your money and run. There has been a huge influx of new activations, and it's unfortunate you're one of the casualties that it didn't work out for. There are many others who've been successful (more than those who've run into issues).

@KirkK I really do feel for you in your situation. If I were in your shoes I'm sure I'd feel the exact same thing, so please don't get me wrong.

iba2016

Let me know how that goes! They definitely deserve a compliant. My biggest mistake was assuming that since they're owned by Telus that they would be able to handle a simple phone number port. I think it's time for Telus to step in and bail them out before this gets even worse!

KirkK

@daredogg:  No worries, daredogg... I realize that all of the community members are trying to help, but these are fundamental database backend issues (as we've discussed yesterday) that can only be resolved by the moderators or the people above them.

By now the queues to the moderators are so long, I don't know if it's even possible for questions dating back several days to get replied to.  So limbo continues.

Alright @KirkK, sorry to have come off patronizing!  I did recall sending you messages, but unfortunately I've helped so many people the last week or so, I'm starting to forget who's who. Really sorry to hear of the issues you've encountered.

KirkK

@iba2016:  I hear you.  They have our money (and for us using CC's worse, our credit card numbers available for re-billing whenever their messed up auto-pay system wants), and have not even created proper accounts for us to log into.

Rest assured, I will be filing a complaint with CCTS when this is over and speaking with my credit card company.  If there are any lawyers here, I would welcome their opinions over the frankly fraudulent credit card transactions that were allowed to occur here.

superscoobydoo

When I look at the 3 names mentioned above iba2016 it seems most posts are for technical issues so probably fall behind

Not sure why other people like one I mention have same logo but they not same status for tech support I thinking

KirkK

@daredogg Yes, as I've emphasized on several other posts over the weekend (including with you I believe), my CC was charged (as have many others) and I've already tried all the possible remedies that are available from the client end of things (different computers, different browsers).

I've also emphasized that in my case (as with others) that the issue has nothing to do with porting, and everything to do with incomplete activation of our accounts, and our plans.

iba2016

I'm in the same boat. It feels like they are just hoping everyone with an activation issue will just go away. It's not my computer, have tried on windows and mac on different networks. I have heard nothing since friday. I was so stupid to assume vouchers would work and should have just given up when the system wouldn't accept my card. Extremely frustrated. I hope your situation gets resolved soon. I'm losing faith in getting a quick reply but I will not stop until I get the service I paid for or my money back.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@KirkK has your CC been charged? If not, clear your cache/cookies or use another browser and try the activation again.

Mary_M posted this on Friday about failed activations... 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Need-help-activating-with-Public-Mobil...

By the way... just because you're not seeing posts in the community, does not mean the moderators are not active. They're responding to people private messages, that's why you don't see them. It's true however, that only one moderator works on Saturdays and Sundays between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm.

Val_T is not a moderator @superscoobydoo. She is PM staff but doesn't actively respond to issues. The moderators as it says in the All About Moderators post are Shazia_K, Mary_M, Saray_O and now Caroline_D.

superscoobydoo

It shows Val_T is online if you need a moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.