cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Mayor / Maire

When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?

So, when do you think it will be up? The draw was held on February 3rd . So shouldn't we have heard something by now? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Announcements/mes...

Tags (3)

Accepted Solutions

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@gblackma wrote:

So, when do you think it will be up? The draw was held on February 3rd . So shouldn't we have heard something by now? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Announcements/mes...


The still testing questions are usually very easy, and are often just so that the giveaway isn't considered to be a game of chance or lottery.  I will admit that these questions can sometimes be answered incorrectly by people who either make a simple mistake or by those who forget about order of operations, etc.

 

Winners usually aren't all announced until all winners have responded. if someone doesn't repond, another name needs to be drawn. People who have been selected are given a couple of days to reply.

View solution in original post


All Replies
Oracle

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@gblackma wrote:

So, when do you think it will be up? The draw was held on February 3rd . So shouldn't we have heard something by now? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Announcements/mes...


Some day, soonish. Robot wink

And, no, I don't think we needed to know by now.


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Mayor / Maire

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?

I'm interested in what the math skill testing question was. 🤔 @Luddite . 😁

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@gblackma wrote:

So, when do you think it will be up? The draw was held on February 3rd . So shouldn't we have heard something by now? https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/Announcements/mes...


The still testing questions are usually very easy, and are often just so that the giveaway isn't considered to be a game of chance or lottery.  I will admit that these questions can sometimes be answered incorrectly by people who either make a simple mistake or by those who forget about order of operations, etc.

 

Winners usually aren't all announced until all winners have responded. if someone doesn't repond, another name needs to be drawn. People who have been selected are given a couple of days to reply.

View solution in original post

Mayor / Maire

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?

@gblackma   From past contests it's usually within a week with exception of the more the merrier campaign which had many prizes and many, many, many entrants.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the standard skill testing questions like 80+(49÷7)-7=?  or 25×2÷5+12=?   It's often one of maybe 20 common math equations.

 

Edit: @CannonFodder  You made me check my Google search history to check! And yes I didn't add the brackets....being lazy I guess and didn't think it really made a difference but I suppose you are correct. Did I mention I got 9% in grade 11 math?

Mayor / Maire

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@darlicious wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the standard skill testing questions like 80+49÷7-7=?  or 25×2÷5+12=?   It's often one of maybe 20 common math equations.


Ok then, given what @computergeek541  said about mistakes, and forgotten order of operations, what answer do YOU come up with for those two questions? The 2nd one is clearly 22, BUT what do you get for that 1st one? I'm guessing you're thinking it's 80, but IF I recall my math "order of operations" correctly, you'd only divide 49 by 7 first, if there's a set of brackets around it, such as 80+(49÷7)-7=

 

Correct me if I'm wrong..... gotta go look now anyway.....

 

Edit - ok then, it turns out my memory was kinda fuzzy on this(I thought it MIGHT'VE been), i.e. the correct answer to the 1st question is, in fact, 80, because in that case you don't NEED the brackets(or more correctly, parentheses), because multiplication and division steps are always done before addition or subtraction. Soooo, I guess you're off the hook for that 9% mark in Grade 11, @darlicious  🤣 

Mayor / Maire

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?

@CannonFodder  Not really....thats when algebra came into play. I do not possess innate language skills and that turned math into foreign language. x+y=z thru my brain into conniptions as did French and computers. That's why I went to art college and have a special arts diploma. No math needed......except all the simple math I do in my head serving....percentages, taxes, gratuities, separate bills. All in my head. I can cash out a table of ten individually before other servers can separate the bills on the pos system.

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@CannonFodder wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the standard skill testing questions like 80+49÷7-7=?  or 25×2÷5+12=?   It's often one of maybe 20 common math equations.


Ok then, given what @computergeek541  said about mistakes, and forgotten order of operations, what answer do YOU come up with for those two questions? The 2nd one is clearly 22, BUT what do you get for that 1st one? I'm guessing you're thinking it's 80, but IF I recall my math "order of operations" correctly, you'd only divide 49 by 7 first, if there's a set of brackets around it, such as 80+(49÷7)-7=

The correct answer would be the same with or without brackets.  That's only one possible scenario of a pirze not being awarded. I'm not sure how often companies disqualify participants or what Public Mobile would do if someone answered incorrectly,  I have a feeing that they would ask you to fil the form out again with a different answer, but there's no point in asking them because the official answer would need to be that the person doesn't win.

 

More likely, a delay in announcing the winners would be the result of someone declining the prize or someone not responding to Public Mobile in-time to claim the winnings.

Mayor / Maire

Re: When will the results for the "It's ditch New Years Resolution day ...." be posted?


@computergeek541 wrote:

The correct answer would be the same with or without brackets.


You didn't read my edit in my post above.....

Need Help? Let's chat.