cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does your data recycle?

Nick1268
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When does your data recycle? All I get is the billing date and SiMon doesn't have any answers, but the billing date and data recycle dates are often different. How can I find out what my data recycles to the next time period?

7 REPLIES 7

Madison_07
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When your plan renews 

yiruiruan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What you described is not possible with PM as your data will reset on your plan renewal date. If you have any unused data from your monthly plan, it is lost and will NOT carry forward. However, add-ons will stay there as long as you have not used it up.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Nick1268 

the billing date is correct.

plan data/mins reset at 12:00am Eastern Time. if you live in a different time zone, adjust the time as needed.

@Nick1268 

You can also call 611 and it will tell you your renewal date. Your self serve account tells you the renewal date at the top left corner of your overview page.

Screenshot_20210607-175907~2.png

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Nick1268   PM is running on a 30 days cycle.  So, data and talk time (if applicable) would be reset every 30 days.

Because it is running on a 30 days cycle, your usual phone data usage monitor will not work well as they are running on a monthly cycle.

You can also logon to My Account and it will show you your next cycle date.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Nick1268 wrote:

When does your data recycle? All I get is the billing date and SiMon doesn't have any answers, but the billing date and data recycle dates are often different. How can I find out what my data recycles to the next time period?

Hi @Nick1268 

Have you created a Self Serve account yet? If not you can do that here - 

Register for a Self Serve account link here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

On your Self Serve it will say at the top (Payment Due Before:) and bottom (Next Payment Taken:), when your plan is due to renew. That is when you Plan Data will reset for each cycle.

If you have an addons, those will stay with you until all consumed.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Nick1268 wrote:

@Nick1268   If you're asking when plan data resets then yes when the plan renews to a new 30 day cycle, then all your plan data/mins and texts reset to start afresh.  Nothing carries forward except for the domestic add-ons.

Edit:  To clarify your plan data usage will be different from what you see on your phone as PM plans are 30 days so the timing may not match what appears on your phone.  You need to make sure your phone's usage match your renewal dates.

Need Help? Let's chat.