cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does PM support esim?

laofei
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus and Koodo already support esim. Why PM still didn't support esim?

6 REPLIES 6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@laofei wrote:

@laofei  When?:  Eventually™. 

EDIT: my best guess: when there are enough popular devices that only offer eSIM and no physical SIM slot to make it pretty much a do-or-close-your-doors type of prospect.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@laofei 

Community members cannot answer this question, only decision makers can. We can  only offer guesses opinions suspicions and wishes

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@laofei wrote:

@laofei  Most PM customers currently don't require eSIM support, so my guess is that it won't be for quite awhile. Most mid range phones support 2 SIMS anyway so eSIM is not a requirement. eSIM is usually promoted/pushed/available on higher end phone manufactures like Apple, Pixel 4 etc for the same reason batteries, headphone jacks were eliminated in the past, control and allowing them to "milk" the end user for more $.

If eSIM is a must for you then you need to look at the providers that currently support it.

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

According to the link below there are carriers that support esim.  Its dated Sep 2019 mind you.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2019/09/06/canadian-carriers-support-esim-technology/

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Uncertain. They're likely evaluating the option and the competitive environment with other 3 tier providers. No one knows if it will be offered.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@laofei wrote:

Because PM is the third tier provider of Telus.  It is up to them when PM will support e-sims

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.