cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When data is on call ends after couple seconds

hamzasiad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Whenever I have my data turned on, and I try to call someone it will ring once but then the call disconnects. None of this happens with the data off. 

11 REPLIES 11

@hamzasiad There have been others with same issue; only cured by resetting the account. 

So, get a ticket:

1. click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

2. click "Submit ticket",

3. login manually if your username/password are not filled in,

4. click the drop down menu (in the white area),

5. pick the topic that fits your issue and follow the directions to submit it,

6. If none of the topics are correct click Other/Something Else until you reach the blank form

Response time is 2 - 5 days so engage a backup plan. Mine is using fongo.com over wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@hamzasiad  try the sim in another phone. If it works then it's your phone.

hamzasiad

I tried the network reset but still no change

hamzasiad

@will13am wrote:

@hamzasiad, what phone are you using?  I get the suspicious feeling the problem is related to phone calls being on 3G and the phone not being able to transition from LTE to 3G properly. 

iPhone Xs Max, when I call after like 2 seconds the call lags and hangs up also the services bars drop and then come back to normal

@hamzasiad wrote:

Its an iPhone Xs Max 

it shows LTE but my data is 3G

It happens everytime and started since the day I purchased the plan

Try doing a network reset. 

hamzasiad

Its an iPhone Xs Max 

it shows LTE but my data is 3G

It happens everytime and started since the day I purchased the plan

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If it's an android phone, try deleting the phone app cache and data, force closing the app, reboot the phone.  That might help.  

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What is your phone make and model

Also try changing your network settings. Are you on 3g network or throttled 4g?

Also does it happen everywhere all the time? 

Was it always like that or when did it start

@hamzasiad wrote:

Whenever I have my data turned on, and I try to call someone it will ring once but then the call disconnects. None of this happens with the data off. 

If it were an intermitent thing, I would be wondering if there were a network capacity issue. Since, it's all the time, that one phone call causing a capacity issue is unlikely.

Going further into @will13am 's thinking, does this still happen with data enabled if the network type is set to "wcdma only"?

@will13am wrote:

@hamzasiad, what phone are you using?  I get the suspicious feeling the problem is related to phone calls being on 3G and the phone not being able to transition from LTE to 3G properly. 

It could be, but i"m not sure there would be one ring sound. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.