cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp ban

Randy83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated a new public mobile sim card  with a new number and I used whattsapp for an hour and I got banned I contacted whattsapp support and they said I have a unsupported number what do I have to do to fix this issue they got it working 3 times but I keep getting banned after an hour..

36 REPLIES 36

What a ridiculous policy. How can anyone outside of the operator match a SIM card serial number to a phone number?

@darlicious wrote:

@kb_mv 

Hmmmmm....I wouldn't be giving up my sim card # so easily. 

@darlicious Agree or not, that is what is required by whatsapp.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 5.10.39 PM.png

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Just a dumb question. 

PM has free texting....why use whatsapp

@LurganIeUk 
There are many reasons why to use WhatsApp, Viber or any other chatting app. 

Here are some of mine:
- No need to worry about cost (maybe less now, but few years ago it was a thing), it is using internet. 

- No roaming when you are traveling. Just use WiFi

- Much better interface

- Great group supports

- More options do send various types of files 

- 'Free' way to contact people all over the world

- MultiPlatform support (iPhone, Android, etc)

- Longer messages 

- Ability to use computer for texting. Such a time saver. I barley ever use it on the phone actually. 

- and so on.. 

So, while you could probably get away with SMS in some cases, it is just easier. 

Randy83

I sent them a picture of the card where the SIM card came in,not the actual SIM card

@kb_mv 

Hmmmmm....I wouldn't be giving up my sim card # so easily. 

@Randy83 wrote:

Done

Thanks @Randy83  and @TheGx 

@Randy83  Enjoy PM.. enjoy the saving!!

@Randy83 

Happy to see you've been sorted. Just an FYI to tag someone just tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with usernames. If the one you want doesn't appear just keep typing their name out til it does.

Randy83

Done

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Randy83 wrote:

I activated a new public mobile sim card  with a new number and I used whattsapp for an hour and I got banned I contacted whattsapp support and they said I have a unsupported number what do I have to do to fix this issue they got it working 3 times but I keep getting banned after an hour..

Press the 3 vertical dots and edit your solution. 

Randy83

Ok sorry about that I’m new to support forums

Randy83

Yes for sure they are a pain but trying to get the groups to switch to signal is next to impossible 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Randy83 :Thank you for marking your thread as solved, but you not supposed to mark your own post as accepted solution, since @hTideGnow post right above your mentioned same advice you should click the accepted solution button above his post instead.

Randy83

I think I got it figured out it must have been that I tried to join too many groups at once, Thanks for The info

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Randy83 :Now that it working without you joining all those groups definitely the problem was joining all those groups so fast, try joining a few each day until you join them all again.

These apps like whatapp and facebook etc are such a pain and not worth supporting anyways, other apps like Signal Private Messenger would never give users this kind of crap.

Randy83

Mostly for groups and I’m using wifi so data usage is not a concern

Just a dumb question. 

PM has free texting....why use whatsapp

Randy83

Yes i was wanting to join about 70 groups but after joining about 25 or 30 it started banning me I have since quit joining and after 3 hours I’m still on WhatsApp, so trying to join all the groups must have flagged my account and banned it, I’ll just join a few every day until I’m in all the groups I want

@Randy83 wrote:

I have stopped going into the groups for now and it’s be 2 1/2 hours and WhatsApp is still working so the issue must have been joining  all the groups 

you know what. did you say you add 75+ groups?  maybe you added too many in a day and the Whatsapp monitor thought you are Spamming the system?  

when you are ready to join, maybe start slow.. 

Randy83

I have stopped going into the groups for now and it’s be 2 1/2 hours and WhatsApp is still working so the issue must have been joining  all the groups 

Randy83

Yes correct 

@sheytoon , thanks for the link ..  very useful page.   just a question, What is OCN?

Maybe WhatsApp doesn't recognize the exchange for that phone number. It does show as Telus Mobility when you select your area code here so it's a valid Telco number that is not voip based.

https://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA204.htm

@Randy83 wrote:

The only thing I can figure out is I’m trying to get into about 70 different WhatsApp groups that I have on my other phone unless that sends a flag and gets me banned

Just hold on and do not get into any groups for now, i guess.

Also, I wonder if you got an recycled number and that number had issues with Whatsapp before, or have issue with those Whatsapp group before..

as you said, this is a new number you got from PM.  Maybe you can try to request a new number and see how it goes?

@Randy83 wrote:

CFE59033-B932-435E-83C9-2F3441442FF5.jpeg

Yes I can verify and it works for about an hour then I get banned again and I’ve reverified it 3 times already with WhatsApp support 

@Randy83 So each time you send them a picture of your sim card, they fix it and an hour later it is suspended again?

Randy83

The only thing I can figure out is I’m trying to get into about 70 different WhatsApp groups that I have on my other phone unless that sends a flag and gets me banned

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Randy83 , that's interesting. I swap back and forth from my phone and tablet, and one would think that WhatsApp would think something is up. I look at the screenshot, hoping it would reveal anything fishy. I wanted to know if there was a scam or something, so I Google it. There was an article a week ago, about being banned.

From what I can gathered: 

• In most cases this banning of a number is automated. So if someone has been banned by WhatsApp, what does that mean?
  • Well, it means you did something that the Facebook-owned app did not like. WhatsApp bans its users when it senses a slight violation of its terms and conditions.
  • Also on occasions, if a user is using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official WhatsApp app, they will be temporarily banned from using the messaging app.

Randy83

Yes I can verify WhatsApp and it works for an hour then I get banned again

Randy83

CFE59033-B932-435E-83C9-2F3441442FF5.jpeg

Yes I can verify and it works for about an hour then I get banned again and I’ve reverified it 3 times already with WhatsApp support 

Need Help? Let's chat.