cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp ban

Randy83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated a new public mobile sim card  with a new number and I used whattsapp for an hour and I got banned I contacted whattsapp support and they said I have a unsupported number what do I have to do to fix this issue they got it working 3 times but I keep getting banned after an hour..

36 REPLIES 36

Randy83

It’s a new number that I picked from PM when I activated the SIM card with the 204 Manitoba area code with a number starting 595 that I picked from the portage la prairie area

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Randy83 wrote:

I’m using the WhatsApp version from the play store and I’m getting permanent bans when I contact their support they get it to work for a bit and then I keep getting banned and their support  response says  I’m using a unsupported phone #

Is PM gave you your current phone number?

Do you have a phone number with a very very new area code?

My family members are using WhatsApp on iPhone and Android phones on PM network without any issue.  

@Randy83 wrote:

I’m using the WhatsApp version from the play store and I’m getting permanent bans when I contact their support they get it to work for a bit and then I keep getting banned and their support  response says  I’m using a unsupported phone #

@Randy83 Does it let you verify your number? Ask support WHY your number is unsupported. Is it a new area code where you are maybe?

Randy83

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Randy83 

If you received an in-app message stating your account is 'Temporarily banned' this means that you're likely using an unsupported version of WhatsApp instead of the official app"

Users have also received "Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help" as a message to inform them that their accounts have been banned by WhatsApp.

Review their terms of service:   WhatsApp Legal Info

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Randy83 wrote:

I activated a new public mobile sim card  with a new number and I used whattsapp for an hour and I got banned I contacted whattsapp support and they said I have a unsupported number what do I have to do to fix this issue they got it working 3 times but I keep getting banned after an hour..

@Randy83 Ask whatsapp why your number is unsupported. If it isn't important to you, you can change your number for free once every 30 days. Make sure you find out what is a supported number.

Need Help? Let's chat.