cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when my 1 gig is used up before month end?

robertop65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I;m curious to know what will happen if I exceed my 1gig limit per month. Will I get notified that I reached my limit or do they charge me per kb over usage?

11 REPLIES 11

Also to add, when your data is 100% used and Internet access no longer works, you will still be able to send & receive MMS / picture messages as long as data is still enabled. (And of course phone calls and regular texts)

DavidTheOne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The help also says you will be directed to self-serve so that you can then buy an add-on.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

1D31B744-72B5-49AF-AA2B-86440ECC5CE5.jpeg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@robertop65 wrote:

Hi, I;m curious to know what will happen if I exceed my 1gig limit per month. Will I get notified that I reached my limit or do they charge me per kb over usage?

You data will stop working after you used your 1GB data before your next renewal date.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

You will be notified at 75% used and 95% used message.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will get a message when you've used 75% and 95% of the data included in your plan.  Once you reach your limit it will stop and either you would need to purchase an add-on for more data or wait until your next renewal date.

@CannonFodder wrote:

@totalUser wrote:

You can buy add-on

You can upgrade to another plan

You can contact moderators to renew your plan early

And depending on your financial circumstances, and timing of using up all your data, the 2nd choice, in bold, is probably the best of those 3 choices.

And whether this is a one time occurence (in which case 1 or 3 might be more suitable in the long run) or reflects your average usage...

@totalUser wrote:

You can buy add-on

And depending on your financial circumstances, and timing of using up all your data, the 2nd choice, in bold, is probably the best of those 3 choices.

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

An angel get's their wings Man Wink

I'm kidding, like others have said, it stops working.  You have the option to add on more.

@gblackma wrote:

@robertop65  it stops. There are no overage charges. And I think they notify you at 75%

@robertop65 wrote:

Screenshot_2019-04-17-18-29-01.jpg

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You can buy add-on

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@robertop65  it stops. There are no overage charges. And I think they notify you at 75% welcome to PM . 

@robertop65 wrote:

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@robertop65  Your data simply ceases to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.