cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What grade of LTE does Public Mobile support?

bluetide76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As in maximum theo. up to 75Mbps, 150Mbps, 220Mbps?

I cannot seem to find information regarding what level of network Public Mobile has.

8 REPLIES 8

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks deltatux, this is what I mean.  Many carriers are using different LTE bands in other countries.

deltatux

@chukdefatey wrote:

Also the same frequency 1700/2100 is shared among the big 3 is a benefit to the customer, so we can easily change to another carrier if the pricing is good.

What in the Blue Hell are you talking about.  Do you just make this up?

@chukdefatey, I think he meant that the Big 3 all have spectrum holdings in AWS1, so that there's interoperability with all the carriers and that since LTE is deployed in that spectrum, we don't need to worry that their LTE devices won't be compatible with another Big 3 network. At least that's how I understand what he wrote.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also the same frequency 1700/2100 is shared among the big 3 is a benefit to the customer, so we can easily change to another carrier if the pricing is good.

What in the Blue Hell are you talking about.  Do you just make this up?

vrance

Hi I do not think the speed is that important unless you are streaming or video phone call.  The most important for us is a stable network, and LTE coverage.  I had several occassions that the LTE signal drops and become 3G only.  Also the same frequency 1700/2100 is shared among the big 3 is a benefit to the customer, so we can easily change to another carrier if the pricing is good.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's great, @makkahn28, hope you enjoy using your new phone!  

Well, thank myself, My Alcatel One touch Idol 3. 5.5 in Phone has 700 MHZ

I Now have the True power, of 700 MHZ LTE, In my hands.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @bluetide76,

We can get upto LTE-a .. which has theoretical max of 225Mbps down.  You obviously need a phone with the LTE+ capabilities and a 700 band to take advantage of this.

For an average user with a standard LTE phone, we get upto 75Mbps.  We are on the Telus network and we get what Telus gets in terms of LTE coverage, etc.  

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Not sure on the speed because if you were to test it, it would use a lot of your data. But i am pretty sure wahtever you get with Telus it should be around that.

I did a quick test and it went over 20mbps but canceled it right away to save data. 

Need Help? Let's chat.