cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smdd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: What does Canada-wide plan mean to Public Mobile?

this was my Q as well. but no one, in the replies, implicitly states that canada wide calls are FREE. this is the magic word i want to hear. 

as a test/experiment i called what should be a long distance number within my province and see if i am given as additional charge

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smdd wrote:

this was my Q as well. but no one, in the replies, implicitly states that canada wide calls are FREE. this is the magic word i want to hear. 

as a test/experiment i called what should be a long distance number within my province and see if i am given as additional charge

@smdd you absolutely 100% cannot possibly receive any additional charge from Public Mobile.  I you want to do something that's not included in your plan, you would have to pre-purchase an add-on to do so.  If you try to do something for which you do not have an add-on and is not included in your plan, you will just be unable to do that thing.  

If you want to hear the word "FREE" then yes, if you have Canada-wide calling, it is free to receive a call from anywhere in the world as well as free to dial any Canadian phone number, while you are physically in Canada and connected to a Canadian cell tower.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@smdd wrote:

This provider does not do extra, surprise, overage charges.

You want to hear the word FREE. You pay for your calling plan that *includes* being able to call Canada-wide. It's not free. It's just included. And again...no extra surprise overage charges.

But srlawren above describes things so splendidly.

smdd

thanks!

(and i did do my experiment - a short call to my mom - and wasn't charged extra.... hooray!)

Kayleedawn25

@smdd ...technically nothing is 'free' as you get what you pay for with Public Mobile. If the plan you have paid for has Canada wide calling included then you can make calls within Canada without paying exxtra, and the beauty of Public Mobile is that since it is pre paid not post paid like many Canadian cell phone companies you cannot be charged for services you have not already paid for.  No more going over your data or minutes and getting a 'surprise' in th email for hundreds of dolllars for unknowingly 'going over.' 

Thecrimson1919

@macmira wrote:

I have the Canada wide talk plan but when a call a provincial number in my own province it says I may incur long distance charges. Why? 

Assumed province wide for free calls in plan. Please advise 

Sent moderators a message last night but no answer yet!!!!!!!!!!

No help with answer from moderators. 

This always happens when you make a long distance call with any provider. The network doesn't know your plan...the billing system does is the most basic way to explain it .

ruif71

Canada Wide means any calls to and from Canada.

Sound like you got mixed up wtih Province-wide plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.