cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you like best about Public Mobile

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just curious was going to switch from Freedom for the Public Mobile better coverage on the Telus Network.

What do you like best about Public Mobile?

10 REPLIES 10

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its fun to help others.  And I love saving a few bucks a month to

go into my travel account!  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JuniorJunior wrote:

I really like the community's help with answers & solutions - because the answers/solutions are real experiences and real working solutions, and not just some 'scripts' that some person from headquarter wrote up for the 'Phone Rep' to repeat to the caller with the problem.   

So, KUDOS to the community!

2nd that. I'm still relatively new but also find myself wanting to help others who just signed up or find themselves in a bind and need troubleshooting help. It's nice to be able to give back.

JuniorJunior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I really like the community's help with answers & solutions - because the answers/solutions are real experiences and real working solutions, and not just some 'scripts' that some person from headquarter wrote up for the 'Phone Rep' to repeat to the caller with the problem.   

So, KUDOS to the community!

sbreakin

Our family has 2 PM lines (pre-paid) & 1 Koodo (postpaid) & I've checked Freedom plans too.

We like:

No overage charges period.

You order & pre-pay your basic plans & any add-on's. No extra charge for data, minutes or roaming - if you didn't order/ pay it won't work.

(Freedom appears to have no data overage but not for minutes or roaming).

Coverage:  Uses Telus & (under sharing agreement) Bell networks.

So usually good coverage along highways & outside major cities.

Also, frequencies that penetrate buildings (although I think Freedom is adding that) 

Coverage 2:  Most PM plans are the whole province, no zones. 

PM is usually Province-wide talk (& Canada data)

Cheaper plans & with a good range of  choices (in the number of minutes/ data) 

Cheaper add-on packs

I haven't compared recently but add-ons are bought only when needed & I found them cheaper than other providers (even usually cheaper than USA only service)

Forum, community help: gosh ask a question & the community answers so quickly.

Usually, that solves it but if not moderator are normally quick to reply too although have to admit at times the moderators have been backlogged

Rewards are a nice addition:

Particularly nice is the loyal reward ($1 reward after each year to max of $5) - i don't think anyone else offers a chance to decrease costs with loyalty. Plus participate & may receive other rewards.

Drawback compared to Freedom:

No opportunity for phone discounts, although with Freedom that usually means a 2-year commitment or lose that discount. 

No freedom go wifi (or whatever it's called) but there are other wifi opportunities (Shaw internet customers or Telus hot spots).

smp99

The first would have to be the wide spread coverage across Canada. If you don't have that, then all of the other things don't have as much value (see Freedom)

After coverage, it would be the continuous referal credits and generally low cost for what you get. 

mh1983

No frills and DIY service which results in SAVINGS.

Flexible plans to fit most needs.

No overages. Just simple prepaid.

Great forum support.

Network coverage.

Loyalty rewards.

hzmy
  • Unthrottled 3G network
  • Referals

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Patrick_R wrote:

Just curious was going to switch from Freedom for the Public Mobile better coverage on the Telus Network.

I would say that the best thing is the ability to earn discounts and there being no credit checks/no overage charges.

Agree.  The most important for me is no overage.  I can expect the same payment every 30 days.

@Patrick_R wrote:

I would say that the best thing is the ability to earn discounts and there being no credit checks/no overage charges.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You can do all by yourself! The price and the promotion and rewards can give you a very low price for your plan...just check....Smiley Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.