cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Information is Needed to Port Out a Number?

DMoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What information will I need to provide to port my number to another carrier? One of the things that the new carrier wants is the PIN or Password on my current account. What do they want?

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DMoore 

Here are the steps:

1.  Your PM account must be active.  You cannot port a number which is not active.

2.  Provide your PM account number, the name on your PM account and the PM number to be ported.  You need only 3 pieces info to a phone number.  The more info you provide may cause problem if the extra info is not correct.

3.  Keep your PM SIM in your phone to receive the port confirmation text message from PM.  Reply yes to the PM text message.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@DMoore wrote:

Well the new provider won't process the port-in request without providing something in the PIN/Password field....hence the question as to what to put.

If you forgot your PIN contact a moderator.

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

DMoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well the new provider won't process the port-in request without providing something in the PIN/Password field....hence the question as to what to put.

@DMoore wrote:

What information will I need to provide to port my number to another carrier? One of the things that the new carrier wants is the PIN or Password on my current account. What do they want?

You'll need the name on your Public Mobile account, the phone number (obviously), and the Public Mobile account number. Don't bother trying to use anyting else as it is unnecessary and can actually cause problems.

Need Help? Let's chat.