cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What A Wonderful Company We Are All Lucky To Be A Part Of

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So today I am writing to you all not about a complaint, or an issue, or a review, nor most things people tend to post about in this section. I am writing to you instead, mid-episode of Daredevil, to talk about what a wonderful evening I had at the Public Mobile headquarters downtown in the Telus building. First off, I'd like to thank the PM Staff for inviting me. It was a pleasure attending their even and they seem to have gotten some really valuable information to help them continue running an excellent company as well as being able to continue providing stellar cell phone service at affordable prices.

I was unsure of what to expect when I went. Would they be poking and prodding trying to obtain my views on what I like and dislike about PM... Or would they simply want to hang out and chat. I was so very surprised to find that they found a way to perfectly mix a bit of both into the wonderful evening I enjoyed there. The first thing I noticed when I was taken up the elevator by a very courteous Jama who works for PM, was a beautiful lobby and a gorgeous office space. The view was unbelievable and the staff were all extremely pleasant when greeting us. For some reason I can't seem to find a username on the community for Jama. He must be too busy doing important business for the company to drop in but I assume after he reads this he will probably make a staff account because that's how dedicated of a company PM is. Even if he doesn't,  Thank you Jama for making me and the others there with me feel so welcome. I also had the pleasure of meeting several of the members who were there including @makkahn28, @defence5, @crazyfrog, and @imm1304 (If I missed someone I apologize)

We had a wonderful night during which we ate together, played awesome, if not somewhat confusing games together, and discussed all of the things PM has to offer as well as what they can do to improve their company which, as it seems they already have a plan to do, as any community based company or otherwise should do. They plant their roots in the fact that they care about the community, and care they do. I've seen countless people post about why they don't have live chat or phone support and my answer to you is this, they have a community... Use it and it will help you with all of your needs and give you a family you never thought you would have. I know it's already done so for me. As for response times they're really working hard to make them better and they've already done a wonderful job of getting it down from 72 hours to 24 or under and that's a huge improvement. 

I see so many users on here who make a new account just to post about a random issue they have, which is what the forum is here for, however they tend to have a tinge of attitude in their tone and I'm sure I could be faulted for doing the same thing once or twice and if I have I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies to the PM team for doing so. Now that I've actually met the people who run my service I can proudly say I'm happy to be a member of their community. I've never met a more able-bodied and open-minded group of people that actually care about and listen to their customers. This is the first time I've ever seen a company get so involved with their customers and if that's not proof that they care and want to help, I don't know what is. I would also sincerely like to thank the two biggest community mods that weren't able to come out that have helped me with several issues in the past as well as being stellar staff members, @Shazia_K and @Jeremy_M. You two are awesome. 

I had the pleasure of meeting so many of the awesome members at Public including @Val_T, @Dave_M, @David_J Matt, @Cat_L (Also can't find his community username)  and countless others. Unfortunately, @Igor_M was  unable to make it. You guys truly are an amazing company that is dedicated to helping it's customers and now that I've seen the kind of people that will be taking care of my telecommunications needs for the foreseeable future I'm glad to say that I feel comfortable and secure. I look forward to seeing where this journey takes us and I'm sure that there will be many more firsts to come in the wonderful experience that it is to be a part of Public Mobile.

Just before I sign off I'd like to thank PM one last time for the wonderful night as well as the gifts they gave us including being conscious to certain dietary needs of some of the members as well as being so courteous. If you're curious as to the gifts I hope the PM Staff don't mind me posting a pic or two of said gifts. They also gave us a $25 Prepaid Mastercard as a thank you for coming out to the event. A prepaid card for the best Prepaid service in the country. I would have attached an image of that but it was too large a file size. 

Thanks so much to all the PM staff and I apologize for anybody I left out or forgot to mention in this post. I hope to see all of you in the not too distant future and I hope to get the chance to meet some, if not all of the new Oracles that have so generously given their time and help to this wonderful community I get the pleasure to call home. Now that I have seen the faces of the people that work tirelessly to help all of us out I will think twice before being rude, or giving anyone attitude who doesn't deserve it, and I highly recommend the same treatment for anyone else prone to lashing out or ill-mannered outbursts.

WE LOVE YOU PUBLIC MOBILE!

Together, Better Happens.

P60322-225618.jpg

49 REPLIES 49

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Frankly, I'd like to see the acronym deleted, and replaced with For the win, without parentheses.

Martin

kutzki

@Martin done and done. That work for you? 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Thanks!

Martin

kutzki

Now that is something I can, and will happily do. 🙂 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

I fully accept your explanation.

So as to ensure that readers of your 2:18 am post don't conclude as I did that it was an acronym involving an obscenity, would you please edit it so that it reads For the win. In this way, the slippery-slope effect won't come into play.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation!

Cheers.

kutzki

What possible reason would I have for saying the other one? Plus the context doesn't really make sense... I genuinely meant for the win... Have some faith that I'm not vulgar 98% of the time @Martin. I genuinely meant it as for the win. I thought you'd get that of all people considering that my entire post we dedicated to how amazing PM is. I wouldn't taint this thread with anything of the sort and that's a Kutzki guarantee. If you don't believe me have one of the mods remove it but that post is meant as For The Win. I told you in the last thing that if I was swearing and you were correct about it I'd have no problem removing it, but in this case you are wrong. Also, the more common use of Ftw is for the win. Look up literally just Ftw for the win comes before the other one lol. 

That Hehe is in regards to me wearing the same shirt after I've already slept in it...  And then taking said shirt to the gym. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

LOL! You know as well as I that the usual interpretation of that acronym is most certainly not For the Win. Try to fool someone else, OK?
LOL!

Martin

kutzki

Aweee and we just had such a great moment @Martin.  I have no problem doing it...  But since when  is For The Win against the rules to say... Or am I not allowed to post Acronyms? 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @kutzki,

Your 2:18 am EDT post ended it with a 3-letter acronym, after Hehe PM.

I would appreciate your cooperation in deleting it.

Thank you.

Martin

kutzki
Smart move @NDesai lol

@kutzki wrote:

Honestly I wasn't expecting to I just went to be a part of the event but the unknown incentive was an amazing bonus. Oh jeeze...  GoT. You won't be leaving your room for the next three weeks my friend.  

True that, but i finished it today since new season coming next month. 

kutzki

Honestly I wasn't expecting to I just went to be a part of the event but the unknown incentive was an amazing bonus. Oh jeeze...  GoT. You won't be leaving your room for the next three weeks my friend.  

@kutzki wrote:

P. S. Never thought I'd put my TV shows first, let alone Daredevil, but PM is worth it. 

Its one of the best show. I still gotta watch Season 2 though...i was hooked up with GoT lol

I am glad you got paid for the time you took out for this event. 

kutzki

@NDesai I figured people would be curious so I took the initiative and decided to write a post myself. PM should be posting pictures from the event on their Facebook page and hopefully the community as well,  most likely within the next few days so you can get an even better idea of what it was like. 🙂 

P. S. Never thought I'd put my TV shows first, let alone Daredevil, but PM is worth it. 

Wow, what an awesome read. @kutzki you granted my wish to post what it was like at the event.

I deeply thank you for taking your precious time watching Daredevil to post this feedback. You have made me believe into PM even more. 

Thank you PM for hosting wonderful event, i wish i was there Smiley Sad

kutzki

I We'll when you step up your game these things tend to happen. Honestly never thought I would be a fan of any cell service provider....  But PM has not only managed to make me a fan,  but I am officially a PM Superfan. 

@kutzki LOL - that's awesome that you're excited about the shirt (and the event)!

It really sounds like PM is starting to get some real momentum building in the community for the first time since the Telus buyout.

kutzki

LOL... Yeah I think so too. So much so that I'm actually gonna sleep in it....  And then wear it to the gym tomorrow. Hehe PM "FTW" (for the win!!)

Mayor / Maire

What an awesome T-shirt!!

Need Help? Let's chat.