cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to add my wife but don't want her to have to wait ? days w/o service

jesseberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered 2 sim cards I'm reluctant to start the process of bringing my wife over until there is a minimal chance of delay.  Any thoughts?  My process involved 5 days no service.

7 REPLIES 7

rkreddyb4u
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

go ahead and activate, during activation select some phone number and proceeed with activation.

after activation is successful login to selfserve and port your number, this way you will not have any service Interruption 

@jesseberg Please read this post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/The-Guide-to-Headache-Free-PM-Signup/m...

I too helped 6 people activate in the middle of the promo period with no delays. The only issue I had was accidently leaving a popup/ad blocker turned on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

if you want to be safe, then just open account choosing a new number....maybe wait 1-2days and try it out ( also loging into your account and see if still all is ok ) then read the instructions on how to port posted here in the forum....then initiate port...try to do it on your dy off in the morning, so there is plenty time to contact a mod...( it looks the mods are catching now up quickly ..plus they hire 3-4 new mods as well..)

cheers

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jesseberg  I had no issues with 3 transfers in the middle of the promo.  I am not saying all the issues are user error but i have been reading a lot of wrong account number entered or IMEI.  Mixing numbers up forgetting numbers.  So I think if you are very careful it will all be good.  Set it up with a temporary number and make sure you have all the services you want on it and then port your number over.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Also be aware about the alternate phone number bug, this might auto fill the already filled fields.

Double check everything before clicking submit.

Tommyd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
definitely dont port your number until after your account is setup

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Did you find out what the issue was? Not sure current wait time, but my understanding the safest way is to use old account number and name exactly as it is on the bill.
Need Help? Let's chat.