cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Switch to Tellus Mobile and they Have difficulty with account number

SimonG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi:

I wanted to switch to Tellus and they said they are having difficulty doing so with my account.

Public mobile are saying my number is not active or account number is not correct.

Can anybody please confirm my account number and details

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12

ccdevmike
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes why are you leaving?

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

You can log into your self serve account and check what your account number is at the top right of your overview page.  Porting out normally requires that your account be active although I've seen it mention that it may not be necessary if porting out to Telus or Koodo.

It's not that the account may not need to be active at Public to port to Telus or Koodo. It absolutely doesn't need to have active service as long as the account is still open (can be suspended but not closed).

@computergeek541   Yes of course and that's what I meant and understood that the account is only temporarily suspended in order to facilitate porting out, but will edit my post for clarification.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

With the amount of loyalty discounts available and with PM being on the same network as Telus you should really consider staying. If you have any technical difficulties let us know so we can try and help.

@dabr wrote:

You can log into your self serve account and check what your account number is at the top right of your overview page.  Porting out normally requires that your account be active although I've seen it mention that it may not be necessary if porting out to Telus or Koodo.

It's not that the account may not need to be active at Public to port to Telus or Koodo. It absolutely doesn't need to have active service as long as the account is still open (can be suspended but not closed).

@SimonG wrote:

Yes I did and provided them account number and pin. my account is active and working

Some carriers are unlikely to approve a port out request if you only use PIN. However, using the PIN in combination with the account number doesn't accomplish anything. In addition, customers often don't know or forget the PIN. For this reason, only account number should be used as it can't be changed and is unlikely to be confused with something else. 

As for Public Mobile reporting to Kooodo that the incorrect account number was used, you'll need to double check the submitted number. If it's correct, there isn't any reason for the request to come back as that being the reason for failure.

@SimonG Verify you account number by accessing your selfserve. If you have more than one Public Mobile account best to clear your cache.

For porting best to just provide the account number and not the PIN.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SimonG 

You need your

- PM account number, 

- name on the PM account and

- your PM phone number to be ported to port out.  

Make sure your account is status is active.

Double check the numbers and call Telus again to port out.

There are 6 zeros in the account number.

Check your PIN# by calling 611 and select 5 to change autopay.  

@SimonG So you have an active account, provided Telus with the correct account number and correct PIN and they still can't port the number over? Perhaps you should contact a moderator here. 

You can contact the mods through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response); Use Port out Problems as subject:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

SimonG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I did and provided them account number and pin. my account is active and working

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@SimonG wrote:

Hi:

I wanted to switch to Tellus and they said they are having difficulty doing so with my account.

Public mobile are saying my number is not active or account number is not correct.

Can anybody please confirm my account number and details

Thank you

You can log into your self serve account and check what your account number is at the top right of your overview page.  Porting out normally requires that your account be active although I've seen it mention that it may not be necessary if porting out to Telus or Koodo. Edit: not active meaning suspended but not closed.

Here's a link to self serve account: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@SimonG You can sign into your self serve account and see the status of your account as well as your account number (top right i believe under log out). Did you keep your Public Mobile account paid up to date?

Need Help? Let's chat.