cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! Beware - Ticket system for problem resolution is a FAILURE!

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Why do I say this? For the following reasons:

(@Alan_K  and @CS_Agent please take note!)

there are 4 serious problems with this ticket system:

1. verification by SIMon does not seem to be passed on correctly to mods, requiring to be verified again (if you have more than one account or issue, mods get confused--see #2)
  2. verification by SIMon does not seem to be directly linked to the specific account being verified (causing mods to pull up/reference wrong account; especially true if you manage more than one account - I am not alone in this)
  3. relying on the forum PM (private messaging) system means that only the last subject line is used for all communications. If there are 2 or more tickets open, the subject line with a ticket # may not be related to the issue or account in question, making communication fall apart fast!
  4. there is VERY POOR visibility to the ticket system. You only know it is there if you know where to look (SIMon) and only IF you ask the right questions. Otherwise, you may not know it exists (there has never been any communication on this other than a buried announcement in the forum, and only if you stumble across it; I've been around the forum long enough to have come across this).

TIP: For those wanting to access the ticket system, this is the fastest way I have found to get to it (just do not have high expectations).

1. from any publicmobile web page, Click "Get Help" menu near top of page
  2. Click (Chat with SIMon)
  3. In the SIMon chat, type Get Help (exact wording, nothing more or different)
  4. Click (Contact Us)
  5. Click (Submit a Ticket)

(If you find a simpler more direct way, please do note it here)

3 REPLIES 3

@will13am wrote:

@pm-smayer97, I do suspect some of the quirks you allude to.  I have a single community account that I use to manage 6 different online accounts; it used to be even more than that.  I am wary of mix ups and problems that can cause.  The verification system does not work well for me because I cannot receive SMSs on any of the phones I don't use.  Until recently, email alias did not play nice with the verification system.  My go to strategy continues to be private messages to the moderator team directly without aid of smartforms.  Smartforms was intended to make sure customers provided enough information about their problem so the moderators can work on it right away without spending time asking for more information.  I am very verbose in my private messages and so smartforms is more of an irritant for me than an aid. 

/rant

I am in the same boat, handling multiple accounts (currently 7, but had many more at one point). 

Yes, I forgot to note that the "smart" form does not have a comment section to include additional relevant info. 

TIP: in turns out the one field in the form is a free form field that can take a LOT of info, but it lacks any formatting ability (e.g. separating paragraphs) and is not conducive to editing easily.

The one motivation for using the "smart" form is that they are supposedly given higher priority. But in the end, since multiple inquiries are still not separated as the follow up communication is still via the PM system, I agree that it is not much better than the old system of contacting the moderators via PM. 

Not sure your issue about your reference to SMS as I receive all my communication via e-mail (through the PM forum). 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pm-smayer97, I do suspect some of the quirks you allude to.  I have a single community account that I use to manage 6 different online accounts; it used to be even more than that.  I am wary of mix ups and problems that can cause.  The verification system does not work well for me because I cannot receive SMSs on any of the phones I don't use.  Until recently, email alias did not play nice with the verification system.  My go to strategy continues to be private messages to the moderator team directly without aid of smartforms.  Smartforms was intended to make sure customers provided enough information about their problem so the moderators can work on it right away without spending time asking for more information.  I am very verbose in my private messages and so smartforms is more of an irritant for me than an aid. 

/rant

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would hope they would always look to find efficiencies to make the ticket system easier to use.

Need Help? Let's chat.