cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte and Wifi Calling, Do PM care?

hassanroble
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

anyone alse noticed PM price Hike eventhough we lack things like volte and wifi calling?

when i joined PM the price was very competitive but today it feels like I am paying more for less!

34 REPLIES 34

@hassanroble wrote:

anyone alse noticed PM price Hike eventhough we lack things like volte and wifi calling?

when i joined PM the price was very competitive but today it feels like I am paying more for less!

This feedback has been given to Public Mobile. The Public Mobile price plans aren't good.  It's not that these plans were always bad, but that Public Mobile hasn't kept up with the competition.  Members onjly have to look at at the new province-wide calling plan fiasco. I do understand that Telus wants Public Mobile to be more profitable by collecting an extra $5 for Canada-wide calling, but that just isn't going to work.  Even with the Canada-wide plans without the $5 price increase, the plans really aren't competitive any longer.  Profitiablily isn't going to increase when customers aren't signing up.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sadly, @hassanroble , there will be some users who feel they 'have to' switch to the new in-market plans and won't be able to retain their existing plans.

It is these users who may be unaware of the grandfathering of plans who I feel the most sorry for as they are the ones being taken for a ride.

Spread the word - make sure all current Public Mobile customers that you know are aware that they do not need to switch to the new in-market plans and lose out on Canada-wide and end up paying more for less.

After all, isn't Public Mobile's mantra,  pay "less for less" ???

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@hassanroble wrote:

Hi @hassanroble if you have been a customer before recent changes, your account did not change.  It was grandfathered.  You are paying the same amount for same services.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Province-Wide-Calling-Plans-Limited...

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hassanroble wrote:

@hassanroble   If you're already on one of the current plans that is scheduled for a price increase, then you'll be grandfathered in with your current price and Canada wide calling.  The new pricing structure will affect new customers, or if current customers opt to change their plan, then they would be paying the higher price to go back to that same plan, once the price increase takes effect.

Edit:  As to VOLTE or WIFI calling, that may/may not happen at PM for a long time, unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.