cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Pipcan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How is it that I get a voicemail when no call shows up in the call log?  There is no ringing for the call and it doesn’t show up in the call log but I get a message saying I have a voicemail.  This does not happen all the time, some calls ring through and some calls, when missed, show up in the call log.  Do I have some setting wrong?  I have a Hauwei P30 Lite.

11 REPLIES 11

You can also sign up for an alternate voicemail service like youmail.com that will email you your voicemails with a sound file attachment and a text transcription, even with their free account.

@JPR   What kind of phone do you have?

Yes, if the calls go to VM directly (maybe for some reason the call cannot reach your phone at all rather than a missed call on your part), your phone won't show the miss call and it won't show who left the VM either

One way to safe some minute for checking VM is to use a landline to call VM number instead

Another way is to setup a VoIP app (TextNow or Fongo) and call the VM with this app.  The app can be used on Wifi (which won't cost your mobile data)

hope this helps

JPR
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I'm having a similar issue to this one. I'm new to PM and have the $15 plan. I haven't set up voicemail at all. I wouldn't have known I had VM if I wasn't getting notifications (my old plan didn't have it). 

The phone doesn't ring. I get an alert that I received a VM. None of the suggestions above apply except that it might be spam going directly to VM or maybe some numbers are automatically blocked (I haven't set any of that up yet). The notification says to "call +1-705-***_****. 

If I click the VM icon, it auto dials the VM inbox and that costs minutes.

Is there some way I can see what number called and left a VM without calling and checking my VM? 

Thanks

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Pipcan wrote:

How is it that I get a voicemail when no call shows up in the call log?

If your phone for whatever the reason was unable to be contacted by the network when the call came in, the call will be directed to voicemail. You have no log of the incoming call because the phone never received the call.

The call, when forwarded to voicemail, will show up as an outgoing call to your voicemail if you check in your self-serve portal "View my usage" page however.

Anyway, you indicated you get the voicemail notification afterwards (if the caller actually leaves a message - no notification if not) so I guess that part is OK.

Pipcan

HALIMACS, thanks for your answer,  it looks like powering off is the reason 

That is correct, @Pipcan 

I just did a test - a call to a powered down mobile did not show the incoming call under call log.

It did provide a voicemail notification AFTER re-powering phone.

@Pipcan wrote:

HALIMACS, I looked through your list.  I often turn off phone because I don’t use it much.  So if phone is turned off is it logical that a call would go directly to voicemail and not show up in call log?

@Pipcan 

Yes, that would likely explain your situation.  Maybe you can observe the pattern in the future to see whether that is correct. 

princepaul

Yes, if the phone is OFF, the call directly goes to the voicemail. 

Pipcan

HALIMACS, I looked through your list.  I often turn off phone because I don’t use it much.  So if phone is turned off is it logical that a call would go directly to voicemail and not show up in call log?

princepaul

Hi,

This can happen for a number of reasons:

1. The number is blocked on your phone, check your phone contacts blocked list and make sure the number is not blocked accidently.

2. The caller can directly send a voicemail, some networks can send voicemails directly.

3. Your phone was out of network coverage when you got the call. 

4. Check phone setting for 'Do Not Disturb' (DND) mode, if the phone was in DND the call might get denied automatically and transferred to voicemail. 

-Prince

If you find this helpful please give me a Bravo. Thanks

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pipcan wrote:

How is it that I get a voicemail when no call shows up in the call log?  There is no ringing for the call and it doesn’t show up in the call log but I get a message saying I have a voicemail.  This does not happen all the time, some calls ring through and some calls, when missed, show up in the call log.  Do I have some setting wrong?  I have a Hauwei P30 Lite.

There could be many reasons, @Pipcan .   First, I would ask if this is limited to certain numbers, or any random callers?

1. you may be on a call and do not have call-waiting enabled so the incoming caller goes directly to your voicemail
  2. the person contacting you may be on your 'blocked callers' list
  3. your phone may be powered down or on airplane mode
  4. the phone may be on "do not disturb"
  5. if you're in the process of porting a number, it's been reported that callers go directly to voicemail instead of the device showing an incoming caller
  6. you may be outside a coverage area
  7. your SIM may be faulty
  8. users may be leaving messages through voicemail box options which allow reply messages to be left within the voicemail box system itself
Need Help? Let's chat.