cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

Marcel_B
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there a way to totally kill voicemail as in no voicemail at all? No message. Keeps ringing forever.

13 REPLIES 13

@warriorblood 

Aha! The vital info..... so @Nezgar is correct that your port did not complete likely because you did not respond to the porting authorization text. Put your lucky sim back in your phone. As suggested contact the moderators to reinitiate your porting request or call the telus porting department with your lucky account number. Once the port is requested again wait for the text and respond YES to it. It will then take 2 hours or less to complete porting your number into pm. After responding YES you can safely switch to your pm sim card if you wish while you await porting completion.

Check your private message box at the top right corner of your screen. Its the envelope icon next to your avatar. I will send you the porting dept. phone number.

@warriorblood 

If you ported your number from Lucky Mobile, and your Lucky Mobile SIM still works, the port failed, and calls to your number are still being routed to Lucky, and hence lucky's voicemail service.

Put your Lucky mobile SIM back in, and open a ticket with moderators to retry the port. A confirmation message will be sent to your lucky mobile line which you have to reply to within 90 minutes. When your Lucky Mobile sim stops working, then put the Public Mobile sim back in, and calls should come in to Public Mobile after that.

warriorblood

sgeno i am nube but am learning .. no my phone does snot ring on my phone so far viocemail hijacks evry call coming in...i can get voicemail on the lucky`s sim card which has time on it but i transferred the number from them to public mobile then i set up the vm=voicemail now just hijacks all incoming calls no matter what i try..on another thread some says they had lucky`s but got em to disable thier vm... so i will try that but at 9ish am in bout 4hrz. time...??? idk what else to try... i did alot of work around thru email for one of my important calls but is one more..

Anonymous
Not applicable

@warriorblood : Well that's what the code does but I'm still not convinced that that is the problem you're having. It's why I asked if your phone rings at all.

I just tried it out and I'm now not even sure the code works cleanly other than using 10. And it still rings for upwards to 30 seconds before it drops to voicemail. So I think you do have a different problem. Perhaps review the post earlier from darlicious in the other thread you were in.

warriorblood

ok nyaweh i did all that too the **30# is the max i could get so now it should ring to my phone first so i can aswer or let voicemail answer for meafter 6 rings yeah!!?? nyawehgih=much thx-u.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcel_B 

There was this thread just yesterday where someone had the same question and explained in a little more detail their motivation for asking.

No there's no way to have the receiving phone ring and ring.

Nezgar has some tricks for the caller. But endless ringing on the receiving end is not possible.

You can only choose not to accept voicemails by way of the extended absence option as popping mentioned earlier. But it still only rings for 30 seconds before the caller gets there.

@Marcel_B wrote:

I guess I'll have to start looking for a better provider.

You were already provided two solutions to "totally kill voicemail as in no voicemail at all".

You can also extend the default 25 second ring time (5 rings) to a maximum of 30 seconds (6 rings) using the following method:

• Dial *#61# to see the current voicemail deposit number and delay time.
  • If, for example, the number shown is 204-588-4001 and you want to set the maximum ring time of 30 seconds, dial *61*2045884001**30#
  • Verify your setting was successful by again dialing *#61#

In the case of preventing calls from going to voicemail after the maximum 30 seconds, dial: *61*808000000**30# (along with *004*808000000# to also disable voicemail for declined or out of the service area)

I believe even if you switch to another provider, the maximum ring time wouldn't exceed 60s anyway...

Marcel_B

I guess I'll have to start looking for a better provider.

@Marcel_B 

stolen from nezgar

Dial

*004*8080000000#

This will cause all calls to either ring forever or get fast busy at the point they normally would have been diverted to the voicemail system.

##004# to undo/reset it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is no direct method but the work around is here.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

If you put any USA number in your forwarding settings after ringing out the forward will fail and three call will just disconnect. Give it a try

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Marcel_B This older thread has some ideas and work arounds. Worth a read....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Disable-Voicemail/td-p/128858#:~:text=R...).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Marcel_B wrote:

Is there a way to totally kill voicemail as in no voicemail at all? No message. Keeps ringing forever.

No.  But you can setup your voicemail not letting caller to leave a message.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

Follows the following flowchart to create extended absence greeting and don't let caller to leave message:

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [2]Record

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [5]Message not allowed after greeting

[3]Greetings --> [4]Extended Absence --> [4]Turn On

popping_1-1600275114443.png

Need Help? Let's chat.