cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail

raulperez
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My phone will not connect to voicemail, even though my plan includes 100 minutes.  I am able to access my voicemail from a landline or another phone but not from my cell phone.  When I try pushing "1" or "call voicemail" there is no dial tone or connection.  Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Raul

7 REPLIES 7

@raulperezSee this link for a list of local voicemail access numbers and pick one in your area. (There is not one for every area code as others suggest) Worst case, program one of these to any speed-dial number other than 1...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

A network settings reset may automatically try to re-provision the access number. On Android something like Settings > Network & Internet > "..." ellipsis icon in top right > Network settings reset

On Android (at least 8.1...) you may be able to edit the voicemail access number manually in the Phone app settings:

Settings > Voicemail > Advanced Settings > Setup > Voicemail number

on iPhone:

- Dial *#5005*86# to check current voicemail access number.

- Dial *5005*86*13065804001# to set a voicemail access number. (Replace with different number as desired from previously linked list)

audrey_timm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

calling your voicemail costs minutes and that is possibly why it isn’t allowing you to hear it in your mobile device.

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @raulperez ,

Are you new to Public Mobile? Did you just port a phone number? A port can take hours to a few days depending on what type of number you are porting.

Can you make other out going calls?

Number porting doesn't affect on outgoing calls.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@raulperez wrote:

Hi,

My phone will not connect to voicemail, even though my plan includes 100 minutes.  I am able to access my voicemail from a landline or another phone but not from my cell phone.  When I try pushing "1" or "call voicemail" there is no dial tone or connection.  Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Raul

Hi @raulperez ,

Are you new to Public Mobile? Did you just port a phone number? A port can take hours to a few days depending on what type of number you are porting.

Can you make other out going calls?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@raulperez dial ##004# to reset all call forwarding to default and then try seeing if  holding 1 to dial into your voicemail works

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@raulperez Im on the same plan. Calling your voicemail uses minutes. can you connect by dialing your own phone number press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. 

From your post, it seems that there isn't a number in your voicemail. What's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.

To save more,  you can add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter it followed by #  - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@raulperez , calling voice mail costs minutes.  Is it possible that you have used up your 100 allotment for this plan cycle?  If this is not the case, check the settings on your phone app to make sure it is pulling the correct phone number from the network.  The voice mail number is area code + 5804001.

Need Help? Let's chat.