cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail personal preferences not allowing you to select option to skip password

yulai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anybody else having this issue? Somehow the feature got re-enabled on my mom’s phone to require entering a password when dialling into voicemail instead of just calling up voicemail and skipping straight to messages. Yet when I try to go and disable it, I can’t even select that option because the menu will start to say it, “Skip password…” and then cuts off, going straight into the next option. Is there something wrong with the menu?? She’s not good with technology and I want to help her bypass voicemail password. 

4 REPLIES 4

yulai

Thanks for this advice! Makes sense and a good workaround so I’m going to set this up right away!

@yulai wrote:

Awesome! Thank you so much! It sure wasn’t obvious as I don’t know how many times I tried accessing it from option 4 and never got offered an option 8. This time I just simply hit 4 & 8 straightaway and it solved the problem. Much appreciated!

I highly recommend keeping the password option... You can set a speed dial on your phone that enters the password on connect for you still, and maintain security: ie 3065804001,1234#

Because, if I call the voicemail access number number and spoof my caller ID as your number then I get straight into your voicemail... This technique is becoming easier every day with various VoIP services...

yulai

Awesome! Thank you so much! It sure wasn’t obvious as I don’t know how many times I tried accessing it from option 4 and never got offered an option 8. This time I just simply hit 4 & 8 straightaway and it solved the problem. Much appreciated!

Need Help? Let's chat.