cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Setup Question

RobertGrant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I became a Public Mobile customer yesterday and a few minutes ago was shocked to
discover the Public Mobile voicemail setup menu does not offer customers any option
to re-record their name. Amazing to think whoever designed this voicemail system
forgot to include something this basic! If anyone out there has a solution for
this I'd be very grateful! The system gives an option to re-record custom greeting,
but I'm happy with that recording and don't need to change it. Any suggestion?

9 REPLIES 9

RobertGrant

Noted and thanks kindly!

RobertGrant

Yes it does resolve this.  Thanks for your feedback in any case!

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The voicemail menu is actually very well described within the system itself.  Unless you’re on a call limited plan, using your device you can go through all the menu options to hear everything you can do on each menu choice.

if you are on a limited calling package, us a land line to sign in to the system, so you do not incur usage.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertGrant wrote:

I became a Public Mobile customer yesterday and a few minutes ago was shocked to
discover the Public Mobile voicemail setup menu does not offer customers any option
to re-record their name. Amazing to think whoever designed this voicemail system
this I'd be very grateful! The system gives an option to re-record custom greeting,

For some inexplicable reason they've hidden away the Knowledge Base articles.

This one shows the voicemail information.

Hi @Anonymous, you are right that the link to the Knowledge Base articles no longer appears on the Welcome to the Community page. But we can still access it directly here

IDK perhaps the link was removed because there is no French equivalent.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertGrant wrote:

For some inexplicable reason they've hidden away the Knowledge Base articles.

This one shows the voicemail information.

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi

Hope @Jonaldc 's response helped you figure out the voicemail reset thing

If not you could refer to these threads for some more information on the same

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/how-to-setup-voicemail-with-default-g...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/voicemail-reset-system-greeting-rerec...

Hope your issue gets resolved!!

Jonaldc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello Robert,

I have found that if call the voicemail message again there is an option to change it.

I will post an updated response when I call my voicemail and determine the steps.

Edit:

Press 4, then 4, then 3, then 2 to rerecord your name.

Hope this helps!

Need Help? Let's chat.