cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
RobertGrant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Voicemail Setup Question

I became a Public Mobile customer yesterday and a few minutes ago was shocked to
discover the Public Mobile voicemail setup menu does not offer customers any option
to re-record their name. Amazing to think whoever designed this voicemail system
forgot to include something this basic! If anyone out there has a solution for
this I'd be very grateful! The system gives an option to re-record custom greeting,
but I'm happy with that recording and don't need to change it. Any suggestion?


Accepted Solutions
Jonaldc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

Hello Robert,

 

I have found that if call the voicemail message again there is an option to change it.

 

I will post an updated response when I call my voicemail and determine the steps.

 

Edit:

Press 4, then 4, then 3, then 2 to rerecord your name.


Hope this helps!

View solution in original post


All Replies
Jonaldc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

Hello Robert,

 

I have found that if call the voicemail message again there is an option to change it.

 

I will post an updated response when I call my voicemail and determine the steps.

 

Edit:

Press 4, then 4, then 3, then 2 to rerecord your name.


Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Himanshu1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

Hi

Hope @Jonaldc 's response helped you figure out the voicemail reset thing

If not you could refer to these threads for some more information on the same

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/how-to-setup-voicemail-with-default-g...

 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/voicemail-reset-system-greeting-rerec...

 

Hope your issue gets resolved!!

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: Voicemail Setup Question


@RobertGrant wrote:

I became a Public Mobile customer yesterday and a few minutes ago was shocked to
discover the Public Mobile voicemail setup menu does not offer customers any option
to re-record their name. Amazing to think whoever designed this voicemail system
forgot to include something this basic! If anyone out there has a solution for
this I'd be very grateful! The system gives an option to re-record custom greeting,
but I'm happy with that recording and don't need to change it. Any suggestion?


For some inexplicable reason they've hidden away the Knowledge Base articles.

This one shows the voicemail information.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Re: Voicemail Setup Question


@z10user4 wrote:

@RobertGrant wrote:

I became a Public Mobile customer yesterday and a few minutes ago was shocked to
discover the Public Mobile voicemail setup menu does not offer customers any option
to re-record their name. Amazing to think whoever designed this voicemail system
forgot to include something this basic! If anyone out there has a solution for
this I'd be very grateful! The system gives an option to re-record custom greeting,
but I'm happy with that recording and don't need to change it. Any suggestion?


For some inexplicable reason they've hidden away the Knowledge Base articles.

This one shows the voicemail information.


Hi @z10user4, you are right that the link to the Knowledge Base articles no longer appears on the Welcome to the Community page. But we can still access it directly here

 

IDK perhaps the link was removed because there is no French equivalent.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

The voicemail menu is actually very well described within the system itself.  Unless you’re on a call limited plan, using your device you can go through all the menu options to hear everything you can do on each menu choice.

 

if you are on a limited calling package, us a land line to sign in to the system, so you do not incur usage.

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Re: Voicemail Setup Question


@Master2000 wrote:

@LovesToPM  a écrit :

IDK perhaps the link was removed because there is no French equivalent.


La messagerie vocale:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Connaissances-de-base-Public/Comment-utiliser-les-fon...

 

Base de connaissances:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Connaissances-de-base-Public/tkb-p/Connaissances_de_b...


Thanks, I am getting forgetful.

French Knowledge Base articles can be found here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Connaissances-de-base-Public/tkb-p/Connaissances_de_b...

RobertGrant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

Yes it does resolve this.  Thanks for your feedback in any case!

RobertGrant
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Voicemail Setup Question

Noted and thanks kindly!

Need Help? Let's chat.