cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail - Accessing Recently Deleted Voice Msgs

Sadaf_23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, so I'm able to get into my voicemail and listen to my voicemail remotely but I accidentally deleted a msg and then when I try to go to retrieve recently deleted messages by dialing 19 or *3 through the options they give it says invalid entry.. is anyone else having this issue? Is it because I'm doing it remotely? Any other way I can retrieve a deleted voicemail? Thank you!! 

8 REPLIES 8

Sadaf_23

@Jb456 I tried retrieving it right after it was deleted and again today (less than 24 hours) but I still get invalid entry.. I tried leaving another voicemail and deleting it like you had and I get the same options from the operator but invalid entry each time, must be a glitch. Oh well, thanks a lot 😊

@Jb456 wrote:

How long ago did you delete the message? I believe it's 48 hours to recover after deleted ( not certain about time frame on that) and messages listend to I think are deleted after 10 days.

In any event I had an old voicemail message that I deleted yesterday afternoon.

I just tested it and called my voicemail from another phone. 

Operator listed options. One was "To listen to expired or deleted messages press 19".. I did, and it played. I then deleted message.

Called voicemail again and message was completely gone now and unable to retrieve.....

I left myself another voicemail..and deleted message..it brought me to main menu listing the options again.

This time I got "To recover recently deleted messages press *3".....I did and it put message back in my inbox..

Deleted again..called back after a few minutes...it did not give *3 option....gave me 19 option to listen to expired / deleted messages...it played again then I deleted but it also gives more options..like press this to save message..press this to mark as new ...

So it's working for me... however thinking about it more I have encountered invalid entry in the past...I was not able to duplicate it today.. vaguely remember...think it was something like when listening to the recovered message..if you delete by pressing 7 it's gone for good but since you don't hangup and stay in voicemail and press 19 to play again it says invalid entry.. something like that but again was not able to duplicate it this time.

From my experience, there's a recycle bin like in windows operating system.  Once you hang up on the voice mail session, the recycle bin is emptied of messages that were put there during the session.

@Jb456  Thanks! I figured there was at least a couple of options that must be available  to @Sadaf_23  in the immeadiate time period of a deleted message and should choose your answer as the solution. The thread title is good in the search bar for this to come up first for other users seeking the answer to this question. I was quite surprised there was no solution to it at all when searching I would have thought that this would have been a common question with a better answer than "no you cant".

How long ago did you delete the message? I believe it's 48 hours to recover after deleted ( not certain about time frame on that) and messages listend to I think are deleted after 10 days.

In any event I had an old voicemail message that I deleted yesterday afternoon.

I just tested it and called my voicemail from another phone. 

Operator listed options. One was "To listen to expired or deleted messages press 19".. I did, and it played. I then deleted message.

Called voicemail again and message was completely gone now and unable to retrieve.....

I left myself another voicemail..and deleted message..it brought me to main menu listing the options again.

This time I got "To recover recently deleted messages press *3".....I did and it put message back in my inbox..

Deleted again..called back after a few minutes...it did not give *3 option....gave me 19 option to listen to expired / deleted messages...it played again then I deleted but it also gives more options..like press this to save message..press this to mark as new ...

So it's working for me... however thinking about it more I have encountered invalid entry in the past...I was not able to duplicate it today.. vaguely remember...think it was something like when listening to the recovered message..if you delete by pressing 7 it's gone for good but since you don't hangup and stay in voicemail and press 19 to play again it says invalid entry.. something like that but again was not able to duplicate it this time.

@Sadaf_23  That could just be a leftover from the voicemail system but @Nezgar likes to explore the different options available thru voicemail and the 611 phone systems. So maybe later today they can shed some more light on your options.

Sadaf_23

ahh okay, thanks.. I tried going into my voicemail again and one of the options I get is "to review your deleted and expired messages press 1,9" and when I press it, it says invalid entry. Strange. Thank you though! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Sadaf_23 

I've done a search to see if there is way to recover your voicemail messages but appears once you do delete them they are gone. Unless another member knows of a way it looks like once they are deleted there is no way to recover them.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Sadaf_23 wrote:

Hey, so I'm able to get into my voicemail and listen to my voicemail remotely but I accidentally deleted a msg and then when I try to go to retrieve recently deleted messages by dialing 19 or *3 through the options they give it says invalid entry.. is anyone else having this issue? Is it because I'm doing it remotely? Any other way I can retrieve a deleted voicemail? Thank you!! 

If you deleted, it's gone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.