cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail issue

bference
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just moved over from another provider. Trying to set up my VM. Have read the instructions on doing it but it doesn't provide an answer for why I am having errors. You are supposed to be able to press 1 to get into your voice mail but when I try it says I don't have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered....   

Not likely Public so far. Nobody is there to help when you need it...... Does anybody know why I am getting this issue and why I can't access my voice mail to set it up properly???

7 REPLIES 7

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@bference wrote:

You are supposed to be able to press 1 to get into your voice mail but when I try it says I don't have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered....   

Just want to make sure you are "holding" 1 for a few seconds to invoke speed-dial, not just dialing 1? Otherwise, please see this link for a list of local voicemail access numbers and pick one in your area. (There is not one for every area code as others suggest) Worst case, program one of these to any speed-dial number other than 1...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

A network settings reset may automatically try to re-provision the access number. On Android something like Settings > Network & Internet > "..." ellipsis icon in top right > Network settings reset

On Android (at least 8.1...) you may be able to edit the voicemail access number manuall in the Phone app settings:

Settings > Voicemail > Advanced Settings > Setup > Voicemail number

on iPhone:

- Dial *#5005*86# to check current voicemail access number.

- Dial *5005*86*13065804001# to set a voicemail access number. (Replace with different number as desired from previously linked list)

Not likely Public so far. Nobody is there to help when you need it......

We are here. Other customers just like you. And we can solve many general issues faster than most other companies call centres!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If still has problem, contact moderator team by clicking the question mark at bottom right.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bference wrote:

Just moved over from another provider. Trying to set up my VM. Have read the instructions on doing it but it doesn't provide an answer for why I am having errors. You are supposed to be able to press 1 to get into your voice mail but when I try it says I don't have an active long distance add on and this call is not covered....   

Not likely Public so far. Nobody is there to help when you need it...... Does anybody know why I am getting this issue and why I can't access my voice mail to set it up properly???

Perhaps your other provider was *86 or *98 or some such thing. The access number here is +1 your area code 5804001 . Try manually dialing it and then you'll know. If it doesn't get there then try another area code in your province.

You're not at the forwarding stage yet. You're just at trying to access.

Enkenyelesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

You will need to contact our moderators over on our community page. You will set up an account here:

And the you will message moderator_team

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

Then you can ask them for help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@bference , go to the dialer app on the phone and check that the voice mail number is area code + 580-4001.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@bference dial ##004# to reset all your call forwarding numbers then try holding "1" again

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@bference  go into your voicemail and add a 1 in front of the number. Save it and try again to set it up. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Edit ie mine is +1xxx5804001. So long distance never comes into the equation.

Need Help? Let's chat.