cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice Transcript Needed ASAP

zakaegae
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I used to be with PM, but left recently. I need a voice transcript of a call that occurred Aug 2019 - and I need it for a court battle that is on Oct 20th.

Please contact me asap.

Btw, you have not given any answers to my previous requests and questions.

10 REPLIES 10

Just for the record sim swapping can also happen if a Telecom's systems are breached. If a person gains access because of an improperly patched system or the existence of a back door(s) they can easily swap sim number(s). Your strong password or using made up info for name and address will not protect you.

Judging by the ongoing and increasing number of reported breaches of security systems of fortune 500 companies hacking a budget telecom provider would not be a big stretch IMO.

Governments should pass legislation and make the reporting of such breaches mandatory as soon as they occur so that the end user can protect themselves.

zakaegae

No, I'm not taking PM to court - this is something completely different.

Taking a telecom to court is far too much of a hassle.

@zakaegae 

SIM jacking/fraud/swap is not as hard as you might think. It doesn't require anyone "on the inside". It only requires somebody (anybody) collects enough "private" information about the victim to offer satisfactory credentials when assuming identity.

Sorry to say that you left PM for no reason. But you're just as vulnerable on every other Canadian operator.

People are inclined to automatically blame the operator when they're victimized. When a crooked vendor sells them a compromised SIM card , when a greedy vendor interposes as a middleman to "helpfully" take care of all Self-Serve access, even when a legit vendor somehow botches a number port.

Public Mobile is far from perfect. But they're not scammy criminals, lol. If you intend to take them to court (while demanding that they submit the "evidence" you'll use to condemn them) then I'll just say good luck with that.

zakaegae

I'm aware of the social engineering aspect of it, and have looked into it extensively. I can guarantee that it wasn't from my side.

Thing is, is that for a SIM Swap to legitimately occur according to PM's system - they'd need insider info and confirmation from me. Don't recall exactly how it happened, but this swap happened by someone somewhere in Quebec according to PM's records. The way it happened makes no sense as it doesn't follow their own set of protocols.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zakaegae wrote:

I was under the impression that this would be just between the mods - or a representative - and myself. I must've misclicked somewhere.

In regards to the previous questions - essentially I got simjacked, and PM to this day hasn't explained to me how it happened. It's also why I left.

Yeah this is an open forum. One doesn't need to be logged in to see it. Most of us here are fellow customers wishing to be of help to other customers. Account specific matters or deep technical issues need the help of the mods.

SIM-jacking is a problem everywhere. The companies don't care to defend against it. No one wants to take the lead. They'll simply wait for the CRTC to tell them they must.

There's also the possibility that there was a data breach in the Telus family that someone collected a bunch of log in information and are using accounts to commit fraud (after that fraud).

And then there are far too many people too willing to openly give up identifying information on any and all social media platforms. And then they wonder why they're being taken.

zakaegae

I was under the impression that this would be just between the mods - or a representative - and myself. I must've misclicked somewhere.

In regards to the previous questions - essentially I got simjacked, and PM to this day hasn't explained to me how it happened. It's also why I left.

They do document call details, though- both phone numbers and their locations, timestamps and call duration, etc. Probably also a bunch of invisible technobabble "envelope" parameters which detail network routing and stuff. It's all automatically logged by the machinery. And they probably have to retain the logs for a while (a few years, at least) to maintain legal compliance.

A legal professional will probably know what can be done and how to get it done.

I don't think they keep recordings of people's calls.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zakaegae 

What "previous requests and questions"? This is your first post.

Good luck on the voice-recorded transcripts. Does any carrier do that? For a customer that has left even?

Oh well. I guess you can try the mods. Click on Get Help up top and then find the chatbot and muddle your way through getting to submit a ticket or a private message. Not being a customer, you'll likely have to use private message.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@zakaegae wrote:

Hello,

I used to be with PM, but left recently. I need a voice transcript of a call that occurred Aug 2019 - and I need it for a court battle that is on Oct 20th.

Please contact me asap.

Btw, you have not given any answers to my previous requests and questions.

This can't be done without court order. Contact Telus legal department.

Need Help? Let's chat.