Did you mean: 

Voice Mail

Jason2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I set up my voicemail?

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : I'm not 100% certain we're saying the same thing. Things may have changed but I'm not activating a new account to test.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : Interesting. Then that's changed. It had been that you change voicemail password in the self-serve and then dial from another phone (or voip app) and the password is your 10 digit number and you're in. So is that not what you did?

Calling from other phone, resetting password, etc. work as expected.

Issue was you have to access your vmail box very first time using your cell phone and 'set it up'. After that you can call from either cell (use your minutes, $15 plan) or form any other phone to access vmail.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

HA! Had same issue... Reset/changed voice mail password... nothing worked until I called from my mobile and went through required steps to set-up voice mail...

I do not think FAQ mentions you HAVE to call from your mobile very first time you access voice mail to set it up...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Interesting. Then that's changed. It had been that you change voicemail password in the self-serve and then dial from another phone (or voip app) and the password is your 10 digit number and you're in. So is that not what you did?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Just discovered trying to access my vmali:

You HAVE to call from YOUR cell phone and set up vmail before you can use it (it will save messages even though it is not 'set up'). Only then you can use OTHER phone to access your vmail if you want not to use your outgoing minutes ($15 plan).

Even though I reset vmail password through self-serve account and changed my password I was not able to access vmail before calling it from my cell and 'setting it up' (name, greeting, etc.).

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Jason2020 hold '1' or dial your phone number and follow the prompts to setup your voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.