cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual voicemail

williamgv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I wanted to know if public mobile have the option to have the iPhone's visual voicemail. And if it is how to activate it?
14 REPLIES 14

ajkm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, so here's the YouMail "solution" with instructions!

YouMail is a free voicemail app for iphone (and also on Google Play store).

https://www.youmail.com/

Just set up and it works perfectly. Here's the process:

1. Set up a free YouMail account. It will give you a 10-digit forwarding number (you can pay to have the same as your actual phone number, but I don't see that there's a ton of worth in doing that as only you and PM know what it is). You need to select Telus Mobility as the carrier.

2. Download the app to the iPhone.

3. Login to the app and check that the 10-digit forwarder number is correct (or enter it).

4. In iPhone Settings – Phone, make sure Call Forwarding is *off*.

5. Set up the forwarding conditions:

a) Forwarding if BusyDial * 67*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

b) Forwarding if Not ReachableDial * 62*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

c) Forwarding if No Reply (or Rejected)Dial * 61*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

d) Forwarding All CallsDial * 21*, followed by the 10-digit number YouMail provided, then #

6. For voicemail greeting: In the app, Settings – Greetings – + (or use one of the pre-recorded versions, one of which is very funny!)

The YouMail app will show the usual selection of Notifications - Banners, Sounds/Vibrations/Badges (per iPhone Settings – Notifications) and opening the app gives you a text transcription of the voicemail plus the recorded voicemail itself (at the bottom of the window).

So far, it seems to work just fine, though sorting out the major issue of the iPhone native voicemail bug would be a far better option.

Hope that helps someone!

[And no, I don't work for YouMail or get a referral %!]

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

@srlawren,

Thank you for pointing that out.  🙂

It is better to leave things clear.

As you already specified, we don't have any news.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Camelia_M yes I know.  However, it's pretty easy to miss the "if" in @Anna_M's post.  I had to read it twice when I first encountered it.  At first read I got the impression that she was confirming this feature is in the works and coming soon.  Somehow, I highly doubt this to be true.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Camelia_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi @srlawren,

While it is not currently available, it has been suggested before by our users.
As Anna_M said, if at any time in the future it will be added as a feature you guys will be the first to know via the Announcements area.

Right now Public Mobile does not support visual voice mail.

Camelia_M

srlawren

@Anna_M wrote:

Hi everybody!

It's true, right now Public Mobile does not have the option of Visual Voicemail.

But keep a lookout on our website and Community, if it's gonna be added in the future we will definitely post the info there first! 😄

Anna,
Public Mobile Moderator

@Anna_M try not to give out false hope, Anna.  I agree with the message of checking the Announcements area regularly, but be careful of raising false hope.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anna_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi everybody!

It's true, right now Public Mobile does not have the option of Visual Voicemail.

But keep a lookout on our website and Community, if it's gonna be added in the future we will definitely post the info there first! 😄

Anna,
Public Mobile Moderator

srlawren

@jeremiah10 wrote:

Hey Williamgv

Currently there is no visual voicemail but we hope to see it in the future!

@jeremiah10  don't hold your breath.

jeremiah10

Hey Williamgv

Currently there is no visual voicemail but we hope to see it in the future!

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I just installed/configured YouMail Robocall Blocker & Voicemail from Google Play. Here's a description of the features:

https://www.youmail.com/home/features

Visual Voicemail is cool with this app, because you can globally set a "smart greeting", so when a caller from your address book hears your voicemail greeting, the greeting will include the caller's first name, along with yours Robot LOL   You will also receive a text message with the call details, along with an email with attached sound file.

Before I installed this app, VVM wasn't working. Note: While configuring the app, you need to choose Telus, since public mobile isn't listed.

These features are free--no need to buy a subscription 🙂

EnderX

Would love to see this feature.  I wouldn't mind paying as an add-on.  It is fantastic and once you use it - so hard to go back to crappy voicemail.  Any chance this will get added?

srlawren

@williamgv here are the two most popular (highest number of votes) suggestions related to visual voicemail:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Visual-Voicemail-or-Voicemail-to-Text/idi-p...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Visual-Voicemail/idi-p/33223

If you'd like to see this feature brought to Public Mobile, please consider clicking the Bravo button to upvote one or both of these threads.

Edited on Aug 30 2019:  I keep getting the odd bravo on this post every now and then.  I thought for anyone newly discovering this post, you should know that voting for either of the above threads won't help any more.  Public Mobile discontinued the "Public Lab" ideas collection area a couple of years ago and no longer use that as a request mechanism.  You can still get to the threads in it via links like the ones in this post, but bravoing them unfortunately won't help.  Just an FYI.  Cheers!

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Right now no visual voicemail as mentioned by @mimmo.
Hope we will get it soon, finger crossed.

mimmo
No not currently avsilable. It has been suggested in  public lab before.

mimmo

No not currently avsilable. It has been suggested in  public lab before.

Need Help? Let's chat.