cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail

Mjørk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all! I'm just trying to set up my visual voicemail and it doesn't seem to be working. It says I have to call in order to finish setting it up, but I've already set it up and when I call there's no options to finish setting it up. Anybody know any fixes to this? I am using a Moto G7 plus on Android 10.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Mjørk  Public Mobile does not offer visual voicemail themselves, but they do allow full control over conditional call forwarding. As such, you can configure any number you like for forwarding when "Busy or Declined", "No answer", and "not in service area".

You can use a free plan service such as YouMail to take your calls, and e-mail you your voicemails to you as sound file attachments. You don't even have to install their app. I use this one myself. They provide a Canadian number to configure your conditional forwards to.

Even better than visual voicemail in my opinion, as even on the free plan they also do text transcription of 50 messages per month, so most of the time you don't even need to listen to the actual message!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mjørk 

As other members already indicated PM does not support visual voicemail. 

Poor man's visual voicemail

1.  You can get a free Fongo account with a phone number. Configure your Fongo account to answer your incoming calls and send any voicemail sound file to your email address. 

2.  Then, configure your PM phone to conditionally forward your incoming calls to your Fongo number when there is

a.  no answer, (you did not answer your phone) or

b.  not available, (you turn off your phone) or

c.  busy (you are talking on your phone).

I call this system is the "poor man's" visual voicemail as it don't need to buy an expensive iPhone.  

BTW, your Fongo number can also receive faxes for you and send your fax pdf file to your email address.

Edit: Fongo stopped fax support 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mjørk wrote:

Hey all! I'm just trying to set up my visual voicemail and it doesn't seem to be working. It says I have to call in order to finish setting it up, but I've already set it up and when I call there's no options to finish setting it up. Anybody know any fixes to this? I am using a Moto G7 plus on Android 10.

Thanks!

@Mjørk  As others members have already mentioned VVM is not supported. Best to disable that feature on your phone otherwise it will create issues with VM.

Mjørk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Riperonie, thought it had to do with the physical phone. That's a shame, but hey, I guess I get what I pay for, haha

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mjørk , Public Mobile does not offer visual voicemail.  This is a tier 3 brand with no frill options.  

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

No visual voicemail here. Public Mobile doesn't have it.

Need Help? Let's chat.