cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: Virgin Plan

@Wonder_why  very nice.  I should have waited a bit longer.  I took the offer before that one, $40 for 6GB with unlim Canada-wide talk and unlimited texting, and I think it was a 1-time bill credit of $100 or $150, I forget now.  Anyway, still happy I took it, but you're proof that good things come to those that wait 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

Public Mobile offers up pretty good every day low price plans.  They don't have a retention department to allow negotiations.  This is good and and bad.  If a huge sale comes along, there is no competitive response.  But at the end of the day, each customer has to assess their own needs and price point.  Always do what's best for the wallet. 

@will13amPM does sometimes intrudece limited time offers as a 'competitive response' to another carrier's promos.  It's not the same as a retention/satisfaction dept., but it's better than nothing. 🙂

Highlighted
Oracle

@abTest wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Public Mobile offers up pretty good every day low price plans.  They don't have a retention department to allow negotiations.  This is good and and bad.  If a huge sale comes along, there is no competitive response.  But at the end of the day, each customer has to assess their own needs and price point.  Always do what's best for the wallet. 

@will13amPM does sometimes intrudece limited time offers as a 'competitive response' to another carrier's promos.  It's not the same as a retention/satisfaction dept., but it's better than nothing. 🙂

You know what I mean.  The competitive response terminology used in those promo announcement is boilerplate stuff. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

$1/month for 2 years, so $24.

Forgot about that, thanks

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm sure we would be sad for you to go.

The difference is between contract and no contract or credit history reported.

Also PM is cheaper than most and offer better rewards.   

I as well pay 50/month but also have referal rewards and autopay.

Public Mobile is perfect for self service individuals or ones to perfer chat and or research to overcome problems.

Just like checkouts at grocery stores.   

Some people perfer contracts amd full service setup and maintenance where others perfer a diy and get the same discounts on phones bought online without a contract.

Just my opinion. You should stay 🙂

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cletus90255 wrote:

I'm sure we would be sad for you to go.

The difference is between contract and no contract or credit history reported.

Also PM is cheaper than most and offer better rewards.   

I as well pay 50/month but also have referal rewards and autopay.

Public Mobile is perfect for self service individuals or ones to perfer chat and or research to overcome problems.

Just like checkouts at grocery stores.   

Some people perfer contracts amd full service setup and maintenance where others perfer a diy and get the same discounts on phones bought online without a contract.

Just my opinion. You should stay 🙂

I too pay $50. I almost switched carriers for my data even though I'd pay a bit more. Then with all PM's rewards and loyalty I am now at $17 for unlimited talk and calling to US from Canada with unlimited text and 8GB 3G data. That kept me from switching.

The longer you stay the better the rewards. This was last November that I almost switched but once rewards kicked in I stayed and now I'm happy paying way less then family who have less data then me.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@slash407 wrote:

i wouldnt do it, the samsung a phone is older and no-way is it worth 500$ today.....u can prolly buy it outright for 200 bucks if u shop around and know where to look for. I personally wouldnt do it

Not bashing the phone, its a good phone but its up there with a lg x power 2/3 that u can get for 250 bucks, and yes they go on sale, even 250 is alot for that phone.

Where can you find brand new Samsung A8 for $250 ? 🤔 

To earn $250 rewards with PM 😓😓😓

😄

Highlighted

@srlawren wrote:

@Wonder_why  very nice.  I should have waited a bit longer.  I took the offer before that one, $40 for 6GB with unlim Canada-wide talk and unlimited texting, and I think it was a 1-time bill credit of $100 or $150, I forget now.  Anyway, still happy I took it, but you're proof that good things come to those that wait 🙂

Sorry about the hijack to the threads

@srlawren by any chance did you ever got offer from Koodo $10/3GB or $15/10GB Data Adds-On ?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wonder_why wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@srlawren by any chance did you ever got offer from Koodo $10/3GB or $15/10GB Data Adds-On ?

@Wonder_why I did, yes.  General concensus is that it was offered to people that typically do not use anywhere near their monthly limit, whereas people that usually use up most of their data (or go over) did not get the offer.  Pretty crafty, if you think about it--offer it up to those that likely will rarely if ever use it and would rarely if ever pay you extra for overages... basically free monthly money for Telus! 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@srlawren wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Wonder_why I did, yes.  General concensus is that it was offered to people that typically do not use anywhere near their monthly limit, whereas people that usually use up most of their data (or go over) did not get the offer.  Pretty crafty, if you think about it--offer it up to those that likely will rarely if ever use it and would rarely if ever pay you extra for overages... basically free monthly money for Telus! 

Yup agreed, I have referral 5 of my friends to Koodo, there all got offer, I been left out, I call Koodo nagged for 45 minutes no dice for me Cat LOL

Need Help? Let's chat.