cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vacation out of Province

DaveG1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have the $35 Canada wide phone plan. I live in Nova Scotia and hope to travel to Newfoundland in August. Does placing calls from Newfoundland affect my long distance phone plan or texting?  I should think not, but I don't want to find a huge bill later.

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@DaveG1 , others have already answered your question but I have a question for you.  Prepaid Plans Providers don't send out bills for regular plans or add ons so how would you get a huge bill?  

@DaveG1 

PM is prepaid. If you don't pay for it ahead of time it won't work. If a feature does that you were not expecting to work does...enjoy its included or free. There are never any overages, extra billing or hidden fees.

@hairbag1 

Actually with all the current plans (excluding grand fathered ones) are all Canada Wide calling. 

@Yummy wrote:

Canada wide: you can call for free from any place in Canada to any place in Canada. There is no 'home province' restrictions. Meaning if you leave your province and place a call from another one it is still free!

Good info, but let's be clear...it's not free. The calls are part of your plan. If you have the $35 plan, you can certainly call anyone in Canada from anywhere....long as your plan is active.

You can receive calls from anywhere on planet Earth, while you're in Canada.

@Triguy wrote:

@LurganIeUk  If you want it more specific then calls and texts across Canada are included with your plan.

What I am suggesting is that we all should use some kind of term that clearly defines what PM Prepaid is as likely I mentioned Prepaid Service has many meanings and we don't know what the OP has in their mind of the meaning of prepaid service. 

For this case would the clear answer be.....Your prepaid service has Canada Wide Calling and there are no hidden fees. 

Just saying.....not criticizing.....we need to make sure what we say is clearly defined as like I say an OP may have come from a different style of a prepaid service. 

Canada wide: you can call for free from any place in Canada to any place in Canada. There is no 'home province' restrictions. Meaning if you leave your province and place a call from another one it is still free!

@LurganIeUk  If you want it more specific then calls and texts across Canada are included with your plan.

@Triguy wrote:

PM is prepaid.  You can call and text without additional charges across Canada.

I can see why the OP is asking the question. And can also see why @Triguy says PM is prepaid. I have come to PM from Telus prepaid and the word “prepaid” from other plans/carriers isn’t the same plan as we have at PM. With Telus prepaid I had to keep a balance on hand for ALL texts, ANY LD and also had to pay 10 cents a minute inbound and outbound minutes. 

PM is terrific in that there are no other charges! And they actually include services for $13.  But each PM customer must know their account specifics and what their add ons are. And I like....no extra charges and once you have used your options....no more calling etc. 

So should we be saying something different than “PM is Prepaid” like prepaid ....all in...no extra charges...or? The reason I say that is because “PM is Prepaid” is not an answer that is understood by new onlookers, newbies or some one that is wanting a verification as there are different meanings/versions of “Prepaid”. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

no worry.. you have a Canada wide plan.. you can call and receive from anywhere in Canada..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid.  You can call and text without additional charges across Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.