cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN

entzmarksamsung
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi y'all. I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help me here, I'm would like to set up the Anonytun VPN for public mobile. I dont anything about this type of stuff but I've used it on Lucky Mobile.

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@entzmarksamsung : You were with Lucky. Lucky belongs to Bell. That mselfserve.ca belongs to Bell. Lucky offers s l o w unlimited data. So Lucky kinda doesn't need this trick. I'm not sure why you have it other than for actual VPN use. From what I read last night and how I interpret it, it seems maybe this is a trick method to get mobile data while not having data in a plan or add-on. That is the improper part. That's theft. If possible. I don't have any accounts that don't have data so I can't fiddle around and see if something works "for educational purposes". I'm curious. But I also gotta imagine that the providers have closed any of those kinds of doors. So good luck in your endeavours.

entzmarksamsung

Well not really. I have used it before for that purpose because they seemed to have an issue with keeping my internet up and running but that seemed to work for me but they fixed the issue now pretty good though sometimes it's still not that great. But I didn't know it wasnt legal. I figured they must know that data is still being used even if its through an app

Anonymous
Not applicable

@entzmarksamsung : Reading up a little on this...due to the fact that there's no overage here and that data just stops...this might be a trick to bypass that...and so this whole idea is dancing with impropriety and not to be talked about here due to being a cheating method of acquiring data. I have data on all my accounts so I can't test it to figure it out. And a suspended account would really not make sense to work while suspended.

mselfserve.ca belongs to Bell so no doubt it worked on Lucky. But Lucky has unlimited data...albeit slow...so why bother.

Using a VPN...sure. But you need data for that. I don't think that's what you're actually trying to do. I think you're trying to cheat for data.

entzmarksamsung

M

Anonymous
Not applicable

@entzmarksamsung wrote:

Yes I can turn it on and off, I can google with wifi and when I get my auto topup bonus I can connect to the internet too but I've used the Anonytun app for Lucky Mobile for unlimited internet access 

@entzmarksamsung 

Ohhh...so now I can understand what your intentions have been. No. Not here. When you run out of data whether plan or plan/add-on then data stops. You can still wifi. But not data. You can buy data add-ons. You can do an immediate plan change to a different plan. You can ask the moderators to renew your plan early. But you need data to do anything with the internet if not wifi.

How did you come to imagine that Public Mobile had the same thing?

Public Mobile's Canadian add-ons do however stay on your account until fully consumed. Unlike the others where the add-ons only last until the next renewal.

@entzmarksamsung wrote:

Yes I can turn it on and off, I can google with wifi and when I get my auto topup bonus I can connect to the internet too but I've used the Anonytun app for Lucky Mobile for unlimited internet access 

Lucky Mobile offers unlimited internet access even if you don't use a VPN. Years ago at a different carrier, a VPN would actually trick the carrier's throttling techniques that they were applying to video streaming. They quickly put an end to that. A properly implemented billing, self serve, and usage system wouldn't get fooled by a VPN. Telus is still aware of the traffic that is going through the network.

entzmarksamsung

Anonymous
Not applicable

@entzmarksamsung : 1.Can you turn the VPN off? 2. Can you browse the internet using wifi? 3. Can you browse the internet using your Public Mobile mobile data? 4. Can you turn the VPN on? 5. Can you browse the internet using wifi? 6. Can you browse the internet using your Public Mobile mobile data?

entzmarksamsung

It just doesn't connect

entzmarksamsung

The problem is I know nothing about what's correct and not correct

entzmarksamsung

Well I used it as my internet before when they seemed to have an issue with keeping the real internet up and running and sometimes I'd still like to use it

entzmarksamsung

I really just got the information to set it up from someone else. I'm not getting an error but it doesnt connect on Public Mobile. I'm using it for my internet

entzmarksamsung

Ok well first, thanks for the reply. I have no idea how it works, somebody set it up for me on Lucky Mobile but under the URL/Host, this is what he had me put there "mselfserve.ca" and when I try it on Public Mobile, it doesnt start up. 

I have it on TCP as well.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@entzmarksamsung :If your VPN not working it got nothing to do with your phone company.

Try using an easier VPN to setup like TunnelBear or ProtonVPN which are both free, and OpenVPN is free and easy too.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@entzmarksamsung , if you had your VPN up and running with the previous service provider, you should be able to have it work on this service with no changes whatsoever.  Check your VPN app settings for correctness.  

@HALIMACS 

The OP isn't asking about APN settings.

@entzmarksamsung 

I have Ultrasurf installed on my phone. It's available in Android's Play store.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@entzmarksamsung 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@entzmarksamsung : Does your data here otherwise work? A VPN would not be carrier dependent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

since you used it in Lucky before, i guess you have some idea how to setup but experience issue on PM?

What exact error are you getting?

Need Help? Let's chat.