cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an Iphone 4s and did carrier update and system update now I can't send pictures again.

happysgurl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Using an Iphone 4s and did carrier update and system update now I can't send pictures again. I have double checked settings as advised in the announcement section and they are still the same... Help going to BC on Friday and would love to be able to send a few pics! Thanks in advance!

iOs 8.3

Carrier version Koodo 19.0

28 REPLIES 28

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Yes there is a recovery mode but that is reserved for when an iPhone has stopped communicating with Apple servers during an iOS update whether via wifi or when connected via iTunes. Otherwise yes when jailbreaking. The latter I am by no means an expert at.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi DK,

Due to your reply, I googled "safe mode iPhone" and several results appeared, though in the context of tweaking and jailbreaking.

DK
Yes ignore the carrier update!

@Martin I am pretty sure iPhone does not have a safe mode.

@happysgurl,

Sometime, problems can occur when you do an update.

I'm happy to read that your MMS are now working Smiley Happy

It's been a pleasure to help you.

Martin
Legend
Legend
You're welcome!

happysgurl

Yes I am still on iOs 8.3...so strange, but I am satisfied finally...Thank you for your help Cyber and Martin 🙂

DK

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@happysgurl,

Do you still have iOS 8.3 installed ?

@Martin,

I didn't say to do a factory reset in my post. I said that doing it is always benefit and help to fix issues.

The same apply for an Android device or Windows OS.

happysgurl

Ok I don't think I did anything but I thought I would test again after rechecking my settings and the pic message sent!! 🙂 But now it keeps telling me there is a carrier update again (even though is says what it said before 'Koodo 19.0") I do not want to go through this again! For now I will just hit not now.

Martin
Legend
Legend
First, I forgot to mention that, before booting into normal mode, you first turn your phone off.
Sorry about that!

I don't have an iPhone; I'm not in a position to advise you how to do that. Your user guide should have that info. Plus, one of the other responders might know how to do that. Lastly, Google would have the answer to "how'.

happysgurl

How do I do that?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Considering that the above hasn't helped, I would suggest switching your phone to safe mode while the power is on; check all settings to ensure that they are correct; and, then boot into normal mode.

Good luck!

happysgurl

Ok so I did what the PM person told me to do in the email response....and nothing!! This is a quote from the email I got...

"please do the steps bellow in order to try to fix the issue.

-       First Step: make sure cellular data is on

-       2nd step: deactivate Wi-Fi and test safari to see if Internet is working fine on 3G

-       3rd step: do reset network settings or reset all settings:

To do a reset network settings or reset all settings, you will need to click on settings/general/ reset (found all the way at the bottom) / then choose "reset network settings" or "reset all settings"

-       4th step: try sending out an MMS

-       5th step: check settings/ messages and make sure MMS is on

-       6th step: if still not able to send MMS - backup phone via iTunes and restore as new iPhone

-       7th step: once iPhone is restored as a new iPhone - try sending out an MMS - if issue is resolved, could then restore iPhone from backup

-       8th step: if issue is still not resolved, it could be an issue with the APN. Then open safari and type the following website in your browser: http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/  , choose the country and carrier you are with and the APN will be downloaded to your phone.  Then, you could do another  reset network settings and test the MMS.

Unfortunately I cannot log a technical ticket for you because your phone is not from Public Mobile. But I believe these steps will help you. "

Martin
Legend
Legend
Cyber,

Look at your reply of 3:03 pm EDT. It's your name on the post, declaring the benefits of a factory reset.

Perhaps a PM community team member suggested that in a private message, but that is unknown to others. It's your name and your advice that people see.

@happysgurl,

Do not forget to configure again your APN and activate Mobile Data.

happysgurl

Yes I realize that the person getting the message MUST have a text plan with MMS I am not that dumb!...It is my spouse and considering I look after the bills I know that he has that. I have just rest to factory setting after backing up...Another hour of my time wasted trying to fix an issue that I did not cause, is all I am saying.

@Martin,

At this moment, only an agent from Public Mobile asked @happysgurl to do a factory reset.

Martin
Legend
Legend
To all responders to posts,

I believe that, when suggesting a factory reset, that we also include that EVERYTHING will be deleted from the phone after it was removed from its original box, excluding OS upgrades.

Even though the equivalent is written on the phone, warning about the consequences of a factory reset, it never hurts to emphasize that point here.

@happysgurl,

The person who receives the MMS must have a TEXT PLAN, else he won't receive your MMS.

happysgurl

I don't feel like my time being wated to do a restore is beneficial at all...Also I am sending to another Public Mobile user I know that I can only call/send within Canada.

I am beyond frustrated as I had to deal with not being able to picture message before when there was an outage. I am also trying to pack and be a mother all while dealing with something I didn't cause.

@happysgurl,

A factory reset is always beneficial for the user experience.

Please note that you can send MMS only to canadian number.

happysgurl

Well I got a response but they want me to reset my phone completely. Is no one else having issues? I am currently restoring my phone...I pray that this doesn't cause me any other issues or I am going to be pissed 😞 I just wanted to be able to get what I pay for...

@happysgurl,

My pleasure. I hope your issue will be solved ASAP.

happysgurl
Email sent thank you for your time ☺️

@happysgurl,

MMS require to have the "mobile data" option turned on.

If nothing is working once turned on, then I suggest you to send an email to Public Mobile.

Click on this link : https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/contact-us

Then, at the bottom right of the page, click on "Email away" button.

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

- Choose ""

Then click on "Email Us" and fill up the form.

An agent from Public Mobile will try to answer you ASAP.

happysgurl
I had already done that and it was working but after these updates it no longer works but I can recieve pictures ? So strange

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@happysgurl,

In order to have functionnal MMS and DATA (internet), you need to configure your APN.

You also have to activate "MOBILE DATA".

Step-by-step APN configuration :

English version

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Internet tethering could be also shown as Personal Hotspot

If I answered your question, please accept my post, as the solution.

Need Help? Let's chat.