cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Account did not register, but SIM did & now wont work

WritersTears
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to activate a new SIM on a new phone. I entered the SIM, created an account with my email, choose a plan, and entered Visa number. Then the Public website got hung up & I got the spinning wheel of death. Activation Support Line told me to close the browser and try again. I tried to log onto my account, but no such account exists under that email address. I tried to enter the SIM to create a new account but now it says the SIM isn't valid... likely because it's now registered to the phone. There is no charge on my Visa yet. Activation Support Chat told me they couldn't help & to go here. I've got a second SIM for a second phone (they're for my kids), but at this point I'm thinking it might be better to try another carrier.

How do I access my SIM for an account that Public says I don't even have?

6 REPLIES 6

@WritersTears wrote:

Thanks!  That did it!

Hi @WritersTears always nice to hear that a fellow customer's issue/problem is resolved.  Yay!

There are many glitches going on in the website these few days, like someone received a free 5gb for no reason... and now activation without charges to cc.  🤔

anyway, welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

WritersTears

Thanks!  That did it!

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WritersTears wrote:

Thanks Now a new complication. Now it's showing that the phone is connected to Public Mobile. Still no charge on the account. I can make calls & receive calls on it. But I can't log into the actual Account via the email I used. Maybe that takes a while to activate too? I was hoping to get a redeem code to set up the 2nd phone, but want to make sure I can actually access the first account.

@WritersTears Soo..when you insert the Public Mobile SIM it is showing service and you can make and receive calls?

Sounds activated.

Here is where you register:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If already registered, here is where you sign in:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WritersTears : Click on My Account top right and then lower right click on Create account. Check that payment method again.

WritersTears

Thanks Now a new complication. Now it's showing that the phone is connected to Public Mobile. Still no charge on the account. I can make calls & receive calls on it. But I can't log into the actual Account via the email I used. Maybe that takes a while to activate too? I was hoping to get a redeem code to set up the 2nd phone, but want to make sure I can actually access the first account.

macsal
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WritersTears wrote:

I tried to activate a new SIM on a new phone. I entered the SIM, created an account with my email, choose a plan, and entered Visa number. Then the Public website got hung up & I got the spinning wheel of death. Activation Support Line told me to close the browser and try again. I tried to log onto my account, but no such account exists under that email address. I tried to enter the SIM to create a new account but now it says the SIM isn't valid... likely because it's now registered to the phone. There is no charge on my Visa yet. Activation Support Chat told me they couldn't help & to go here. I've got a second SIM for a second phone (they're for my kids), but at this point I'm thinking it might be better to try another carrier.

How do I access my SIM for an account that Public says I don't even have?

@WritersTears ,

If you credit card was not charged, and your SIM has no service, then you did not complete the activation.

Wait an hour (as the SIM locks for about that long) before you try again.

Clear your browser's history or change to a different browser and open an incognito mode tab to try again after the hour wait.

EDIT, you can try the 2nd SIM now though. But still clear your browser's history and open a tab in incognito mode before you start the activation pages.

Need Help? Let's chat.