cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used all data but on flip phone with no data use

lairdyherbert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just switched to Public mobile and got notice that I've used all my data. The thing is I have a flip phone that I do not use any data on - maybe got three pictures through SMS over the month, and when it went from 75 to 100% I was actually out of range. I have 500 mb so something is not adding up. 

2 REPLIES 2

@lairdyherbert 

Check your account for usage. If no data counter for your usage is displayed on your overview page then you have somehow used your data alottment. Is your browser on in your phone? Could a software update have occurred? Check your daily usage for when your data could have been used. Alternatively if you still have data  these messages do occasionally get sent out by mistake.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lairdyherbert wrote:

I just switched to Public mobile and got notice that I've used all my data. The thing is I have a flip phone that I do not use any data on - maybe got three pictures through SMS over the month, and when it went from 75 to 100% I was actually out of range. I have 500 mb so something is not adding up. 

Is the data enabled on your flip phone?

MMS picture does not consume your plan data.

What is the data usage line on you overview page after login?

I have a $15 plan with 250MB data/billing cycle.  My data usage line is showing that I used 7.831MB out of my 250MB quota.

250 MB at 3G speed
7.831  /  250 MB
Need Help? Let's chat.