cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage History - Need help understanding

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In my usage history in the "Data Usage" column the usage is accompanied by another extra row with 0 MB for the exact same date and time. Does anybody know why?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @ute1978.  I think this may be a rounding issue.  I looked back through a half-dozen pages of my usage history, and I always get two Web entries together, one of about 1MB or so, and the other larger.  I think the usage is done in small time "buckets".  I don't know what the duration is, but pretend it's 5 minutes.  So think of the first one as data that you used just a few seconds before the next 5 minute window, and the amount was so small that it was rounded down to 0 in your history, and then the next 5 minutes contains the bulk of your data usage in that session.  Hopefully that makes some sense, but I really don't think it's anything to be worried about.

@Shazia_K@Kalla_A, or @Mary_M, are you able to shed any additional light on how the data usage is presented in the history?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. The second screenshot I see is certainly not from the Add-On Data Usage, but from the Usage History.

But, all in all, at least we see how usage history works.

There are 3 screenshots in my post. But I guess we will leave it for now even though I still haven't gotten any answer to my initial question about the 0 MB.

Hi. The second screenshot I see is certainly not from the Add-On Data Usage, but from the Usage History.

But, all in all, at least we see how usage history works.

ute1978

@makkahn28 wrote:

If you wanted to see your Data usage, where Orange covers Grey box, that's where to click

That's where I got the second screenshot (middle).

Correct icon.PNGHi. I know where you were looking at.

That is a mixture of both your Add-On Long-Distance, Unlim Mins, and Data stuff

If you wanted to see your Data usage, where Orange covers Grey box, that's where to click

ute1978

Hm, here are my screenshots to my plan and my add-ons. But why is my 1 GB an "add-on" if it is part of the plan?

Also in the last screenshot I marked the part of the usage history I meant before (for security reasons I deleted the originating and destination numbers).

my plan.PNG

data add-on.PNG

data.PNG

Does your Data usage readout give you anything on your Rate Data usage?

Data usage.PNGDoes your Data usage Readout have this set-up?

ute1978
I have data. But no data add-on.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Does your Plna(s) have any Data, or No Data?

Also, though PM should word it properly, One is for Rate Data usage, while other would be for Add-On Data, which you must buy separately

Add-On Data never expires, but stays until you consume the last MB

Need Help? Let's chat.