cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Usa texting

I have the 15.00 plan. It says I have international texting . I was just in the USA and on two occasions I tried to text and I could not. It said not delivered both times.

am I not able to send a text from the USA with my 15.00 plan.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Usa texting

All sage advice....hope you don't mind one more opinion chiming in. First do some research on u.s. SIM cards/prepaid plans and coverage in the area you're going to....decide what works for you. Then you're on the $15 plan. Going up to $60 doesn't make sense. Instead choose to keep $15 or on the renewal date closest to your departure preferably after have your plan set up to switch to the $10 plan. With autopay and maybe some referral rewards it will be $8 or less. The day you leave for the u.s. add and choose one of the u.s. add ons. If you mostly text pick that or mostly call pick that and so on...that will give you 10 days to figure out getting your u.s. SIM/plan with a free back up text/call app when you have WiFi. Once you have a u.s. phone number you can change the voicemail on your pm phone updating your u.s. phone number for callers. You could also disable the ability for vm messages by putting it on extended absence and only have callers hear your greeting and new numbers to reach you at via text or calling. This way you will pay $34 for 90 days to maintain your pm account with voice mail and 10 days roaming and $30+? for 90 days of u.s. service plus your free app for back up. U.S. plans are cheaper than ours and if you're good with the $15 plan here you can get a $10 plan there to suit your needs. Altogether $64+tax for 90 days of service both here and there. Near the end change your pm plan back to $15 plan on next renewal. Probably after your return since you'll have at least 50/50 text +call for the transition to your renewal date(a week or so?) This way it keeps your costs down (less than 75cents a day) but keeps you well connected both here and there..

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Oracle

@Lynban  international texting means texting from canada to anywhere in the world.

if you want to text from the usa you need to buy a  usa raoming addon.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LynbanIf you want to text FROM the US you need to purchase a US Roaming Add on or upgrade to the $60 US / Canada plan.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Lynban wrote:

I have the 15.00 plan. It says I have international texting . I was just in the USA and on two occasions I tried to text and I could not. It said not delivered both times.

am I not able to send a text from the USA with my 15.00 plan.

@Alan_K:  Once again another victim of the misinterpretation of international.

@Lynban: No. You would need to buy roaming add-ons to send texts and make calls in the US.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

The plan only works whilst you're in Canada. If you go to the US, you'll need the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok, I see now I misinterpreted the word international to mean more than it does.

my next trip to USA is for a three month period in January and I only need to be able to text both in USA and back to Canada.

can I get a three month add on plan or do I need the 60.00 plan each month when I only need to be able to text.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LynbanThe Add ons are only valid for 10 days, so you will need to do a cost/ benefit yourself.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

For a 3 month stretch...you might just want to get a local sim card in US. Maybe consider using a free voip app like TextNow...send and recieve free calls and texts as long as you have a robust wifi.