cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreserve my PM number to port out to Telus

ys6sutq3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

tl;dr: want to move from PM to Telus, but the number is reserved by PM. How to undo this?

I'm trying to port the number that I have with PM over to a Telus plan. I went to the store today and tried switching, but the service rep from Telus was unable to do that. They tried 3 different activations, called their own support line, and discovered that they can't port my number because it's currently showing up as reserved.

I haven't seen any option to unreserve my number on PM's self serve portal. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I need to contact a moderator?

4 REPLIES 4

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ys6sutq3 as long as you Public Mobile account hasn't been dormant for over 90 days and closed. It doesn't even have to be active to port to Telus. Can you log into your PM self service account? Thanks. Stay safe. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ys6sutq3 

I suspect your PM account is suspended or not active atm.

If you want to port out, you'll need to reactivate your PM account.

If needed, you can change your plan to the cheapest one ($15), pay this amount + tax. Then you will have PM service again and up to 30 days to port out.

What do you mean by unreserve your number?  Is your Public Mobile account still open? The number can only be ported to Telus if the Public Mobile account is still open.  If you still have a Public Mobile account and are trying to bring it to Telus, it's Telus Mobility client care that you need to contact.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ys6sutq3 contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.