cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim error. Need help from someone in Vancouver (UBC/Point Grey/Kits)

compass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I've been with PM for a month and half on a 90 day plan. A few days ago, my service was down suddently. I got unregistered sim error. I tried on two unlocked phones (both worked before). I also contacted one of the mod and she sent me a new sim card. I changed my sim # from my account but stilll got the same error. She also checked my account and said everything looks fine. I'm out of ideas. I'm wondering if someone with PM in UBC/Point Grey/Kits area could meet me and try my sim card so that I can isolate the problem. Or if anyone has some other suggestions. I've been out of service for a few days. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

42 REPLIES 42

@compass  Great to hear welcome and enjoy the PM service and more importantly the great SAVINGS

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

compass
Thanks everyone for the ideas and help. It's finally working now. Here is my update so that if other people has the same issue can save some time.

My phone was blacklisted and Mod said it was related to my payment last month. Though I'm on the 90 days plan started in Nov. My payment went through fine but I did have an activation problem as a lot of us did back then. In the end mod sent a message to their tech team and removed my phone from blacklist. Everything is good now.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@compass I think some of your posts were caught up in a state of purgatory, and were recently set free after I bugged @Mary_M about some of my posts having a similar issue.  Hence the duplication of some of your replies above--I think you probably tried several times and now they are all live.  It's actually a bit amusing reading through this thread now 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

compass

For the past day, I can't post here as it will be deleted as soon as I refresh the page.... Let's try it again.

Thanks to Shazia. I was able to use one of my phone. It seems my phone was listed on the blacklist. Not sure why. After removing it, it's working again!

compass

For the past day, I can't post here as it will be deleted as soon as I refresh the page.... Let's try it again.

Thanks to Shazia. I was able to use one of my phone. It seems my phone was listed on the blacklist. Not sure why. After removing it, it's working again!

compass

Thanks Shazia. It still doesn't work my second phone. I'll try my first phone (the one I sent you the IMEI) once I get home. Will keep you posted.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @compass

Can you please test your SIM card in your phone? everything should be good now. 

Please power cycle if SIM card already inserted in the phone. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

compass

Great! Thanks Shazia. Could you tell me a little bit more details? PM me if you need. Also do you need me to do anything on my end? Thanks!

compass

Great! Thanks Shazia. Could you tell me a little bit more details? PM me if you need. Also do you need me to do anything on my end? Thanks!

compass

@calkyyu wrote:

This may sound a bit silly, but did you just pulled the sim card out of the phone when it was on?

Perhaps shutting down the device, pull out and reinsert the sim card, power on the device and wait for it to cycle. Furthermore make sure you're not on airplane or flight mode.

I can't see how it could be your account issue because you've already contacted the mod.

It could be your sim card, it has been pretty cold out there and a static electricity shock could easily damage your sim card.

Only thing that can really link to your phone is if both were bought used and has been blacklisted by previous carrier at the same time.(doubt it)

Thanks for the hints. One of my phone need to be off before I can switch the sim. The other one I can switch while it's one. But after pluged in, I power cycled the phone a few times. Still the same result. And I'm sure they are not in flight mode because I even tried to toggle it as suggested from another thread with similar problem.

As for the static electricity shock, I have no way to test it right now. That's why I'm calling for another PM member to help me.

I bought both phone brand new from a provider. I unlocked one phone and another is factory unlocked. I also checked the unlocked one with one cell blacklist site just to remove this possibility and it is not on the list.

compass

@calkyyu wrote:

This may sound a bit silly, but did you just pulled the sim card out of the phone when it was on?

Perhaps shutting down the device, pull out and reinsert the sim card, power on the device and wait for it to cycle. Furthermore make sure you're not on airplane or flight mode.

I can't see how it could be your account issue because you've already contacted the mod.

It could be your sim card, it has been pretty cold out there and a static electricity shock could easily damage your sim card.

Only thing that can really link to your phone is if both were bought used and has been blacklisted by previous carrier at the same time.(doubt it)

Thanks for the hints. One of my phone need to be off before I can switch the sim. The other one I can switch while it's one. But after pluged in, I power cycled the phone a few times. Still the same result. And I'm sure they are not in flight mode because I even tried to toggle it as suggested from another thread with similar problem.

As for the static electricity shock, I have no way to test it right now. That's why I'm calling for another PM member to help me.

I bought both phone brand new from a provider. I unlocked one phone and another is factory unlocked. I also checked the unlocked one with one cell blacklist site just to remove this possibility and it is not on the list.

compass

@Shazia_K wrote:

@srlawren

Unfortunately, something to do with the phone. 😞

Great! Thanks Shazia. Could you let me know more details? PM me if you need. Also do you need me to do anything on my side? Thanks!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@srlawren

Unfortunately, something to do with the phone. 😞

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@Shazia_K sounds like good progress at least!  I wasn't looking for any guarantees but I'm glad it's coming along.  Out of curiousity--the cause was nothing to do with SIM or phone, right?  It's back-end related?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

Thanks for checking in 😉

I found what the issue is and I am currently working on getting this fixed but I can't promise it will be today.

Thanks,

Shazia

srlawren

I hope you are able to help, @Shazia_K

compass

@calkyyu wrote:

compass

@calkyyu wrote:

I bought both phone brand new from a provider. I unlocked one phone and another is factory unlocked. I also checked the unlocked one with one cell blacklist site just to remove this possibiltiy and it is not on the list.

compass

@calkyyu wrote:

I bought both phone brand new from a provider. I unlocked one phone and another is factory unlocked. I also checked the unlocked one with one cell blacklist site just to remove this possibiltiy and it is not on the list.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @compass

Sorry to hear about the SIM card issue. 

I will reach out to you via private message, shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

calkyyu

srlawren

@compass given that two different SIMs are exhitbiting the same behaviour on two different phones, it doesn't sound like a SIM or phone issue.  Given that it's over the span of a few days and we haven't seen a run of similar complaints over that time span, I find it unlikely to be a network outage that is the cause.  So, to me, this is sounding more and more like an issue at the account/provider level.  @Shazia_K could you please check @compass's account again and see if there's anything amiss?  Something isn't right!

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:
One more idea, can you please try to do a manual network search instead of automatic search.

Did that as well. After searching I can see PM network. But after select the network, take a long time on the spining wheel and then got error message saying I'm not allowed to register to this network...

I also went outside of my place to try it just in case the signal somehow become too weak. (it was pretty good before)..

compass

Thanks. Will do. I hope I don't have the bad luck with 2 bad sim cards or my phones got blocked for some reason...That's why I'm hope if someone could help me try it out.

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
One more idea, can you please try to do a manual network search instead of automatic search.

dohadotahmed
Thanks and let us know any update and hope your service will up and running soon.

compass

No worries. Really appreciated.

dohadotahmed
Okay....sorry I can't help you.

dohadotahmed
Because you updated you sim may be it can work now. Do you mind to give it a try?

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:
Great, so can you please try your sim card now by inserting into the phone and please let me know the update.

Nope. Still the same. Plugged in and rebooted the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.