cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim error. Need help from someone in Vancouver (UBC/Point Grey/Kits)

compass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I've been with PM for a month and half on a 90 day plan. A few days ago, my service was down suddently. I got unregistered sim error. I tried on two unlocked phones (both worked before). I also contacted one of the mod and she sent me a new sim card. I changed my sim # from my account but stilll got the same error. She also checked my account and said everything looks fine. I'm out of ideas. I'm wondering if someone with PM in UBC/Point Grey/Kits area could meet me and try my sim card so that I can isolate the problem. Or if anyone has some other suggestions. I've been out of service for a few days. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

42 REPLIES 42

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Great, so can you please try your sim card now by inserting into the phone and please let me know the update.

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:
Okay thanks. Then please private message a moderator @Shazia_K because I think you need help from a moderator.

She is the one helped me with the new sim card and checked their system. She said everything looks fine on their end. I just sent her a message and will see if she has any other ideas.

compass

I tried to enter the sim card # again with one digit incorrectly, it tells me it is an invalid sim #. So I'm pretty sure it is correct. I also entered it again and it says your sim updated successfully.

dohadotahmed
Okay thanks. Then please private message a moderator @Shazia_K because I think you need help from a moderator.

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:
Can you please log into your self serve and check the last 4 digits of your sim card and compare it to your physical 2nd sim card.

exact the same.

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:

Yes very good point....it can be a bad phone which can damage the sim. If you suspect the phone Please type to use your other phone.

Do you have any other sim card from another provider to check your suspected phone?

I tried the second sim on my second phone first. And both works with other provider's sims. 

dohadotahmed
Can you please log into your self serve and check the last 4 digits of your sim card and compare it to your physical 2nd sim card.

compass

@will13am wrote:

Could it be a bad phone causing the SIM card to fail?  

The first sim failed in my first phone. When the second sim arrived, I tried it on my second phone first. Also both phones are using sims from other providers right now.

dohadotahmed

Yes very good point....it can be a bad phone which can damage the sim. If you suspect the phone Please type to use your other phone.

Do you have any other sim card from another provider to check your suspected phone?

compass

@dohadotahmed wrote:
I guess it's not your phone problem because you said you tried with 2 phones and was okay before.
Then the first sim is replaced by the second sim.

Assume that the first sim is damaged somehow.
But you got your second sim and register the sim number....I guess you may did a typo inputting the second sim number.
Is it possible to check the sim number by log into your account. Please let me know asap because I know you are really a frustrating situation. Thanks.

Thanks. I checked twice when I entered. I'm sure it is correct.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Could it be a bad phone causing the SIM card to fail?  

dohadotahmed
I guess it's not your phone problem because you said you tried with 2 phones and was okay before.
Then the first sim is replaced by the second sim.

Assume that the first sim is damaged somehow.
But you got your second sim and register the sim number....I guess you may did a typo inputting the second sim number.
Is it possible to check the sim number by log into your account. Please let me know asap because I know you are really a frustrating situation. Thanks.
Need Help? Let's chat.